Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Is Penumbra over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't find a lot of info, but it seems to be a sensative subject for some reason. Honestly, while I would love to see more games in the series, I wouldn't be devastated if Frictional were against the idea of a Penumbra 3. I'm just curious; are you guys officially done with it?

If this is too hot of a topic and you just don't want to get into it, feel free to tell me where your favorite place to eat is or something.
It's done. No new games coming for the series.
It was supposed to be a trilogy, but due to unidentified problems with their publisher, they were forced to cut down to Overture and Black Plague + Requiem (Expansion).
(09-11-2013, 04:06 AM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]It's done. No new games coming for the series.
It was supposed to be a trilogy, but due to unidentified problems with their publisher, they were forced to cut down to Overture and Black Plague + Requiem (Expansion).

Got it. Well, I finally have closure now.

At least Amnesia is doing well. As long as Frictional keep making these powerful narratives, I'll be a happy man. I remember the scene at the end of Amnesia where-
Spoiler below!
-Daniel's journal details when he was dealing with that he had done and how screwed he was, and he just starts sobbing... I damn near cried myself.
I wish they will some day create a new Penumbra game, but with a different story than the original Collection. Like Amnesia TDD and AMFP are. Same universe, but different games. So I very gladly want a new Penumbra game series.
(09-13-2013, 08:53 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]I wish they will some day create a new Penumbra game, but with a different story than the original Collection. Like Amnesia TDD and AMFP are. Same universe, but different games. So I very gladly want a new Penumbra game series.

Maybe that'll be the new Frictional game...
(09-17-2013, 01:56 PM)Alardem Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe that'll be the new Frictional game...

Hmm... no. They make a sci-fi game.