Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: A nod to the "water lurker" in A:TDD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't beaten the game yet (few hours in) and came across the note in the compound centrifuge area (you are tasked with breaking that lock).

It reads "Disposal of Non-Bonded subjects must be immediate and using incineration or we risk continuous animation without form. This is... unpleasant."

Is this talking of something like the water lurker?
(09-12-2013, 07:14 AM)FragdaddyXXL Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't beaten the game yet (few hours in) and came across the note in the compound centrifuge area (you are tasked with breaking that lock).

It reads "Disposal of Non-Bonded subjects must be immediate and using incineration or we risk continuous animation without form. This is... unpleasant."

Is this talking of something like the water lurker?

Get to the sewers.
(09-12-2013, 07:17 AM)Alardem Wrote: [ -> ]Get to the sewers.

cccccc:
Now I'm intrigued.
YUS! PLEASE LET KAERNK BE IN THE GAME! Big Grin
spoilerz obv
Spoiler below!
i'm sorry but the one water lurker encounter was so wimpy and gimicky and only really felt like it was there so people would be like "omg it's the water lurker Big GrinDD" when they could have done so much more with it
(09-12-2013, 08:02 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]spoilerz obv
Spoiler below!
i'm sorry but the one water lurker encounter was so wimpy and gimicky and only really felt like it was there so people would be like "omg it's the water lurker Big GrinDD" when they could have done so much more with it

Worked well enough for me.
And let me point out then...

Spoiler below!
Are we sure if the monster in the water is even a Kaernk? This one seems faster and has lightning affects. Possibly a different monster, but just food for thought.
(09-12-2013, 10:03 AM)Geoff Wrote: [ -> ]And let me point out then...

Spoiler below!
Are we sure if the monster in the water is even a Kaernk? This one seems faster and has lightning affects. Possibly a different monster, but just food for thought.

Spoiler below!

As for what I've seen, it's nothing more but particle effects and sounds.
No AI

(09-12-2013, 08:02 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]spoilerz obv
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

Nah, they do more. There's two encounters remember? You fall down the rampart in that later level and get chased by a bunch of them. I liked that part. Also pretty sure they're not the same water lurkers that were in TDD.

(09-12-2013, 11:34 AM)Darth FlawlessHair Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2013, 10:03 AM)Geoff Wrote: [ -> ]And let me point out then...

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

As for what I've seen, it's nothing more but particle effects and sounds.
No AI

There is a monster in the water, if you walk into the water in the sewers it'll come for you.
Pages: 1 2