Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there going to be custom stories for the new amnesia?
No, the Amnesia TDD engine will be updated to add new features found at the pigs though.
(09-12-2013, 07:40 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]No, the Amnesia TDD engine will be updated to add new features found at the pigs though.

Then why did I find several References in code pointing to custom stories?

AKA: Strings
useless leftovers from Amnesia TDD
(09-12-2013, 09:34 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]useless leftovers from Amnesia TDD

so it was based from TDD build and modified greatly :L now i see why so many errors/bugs/glitches/crashes - well i just completed the game with only one more bug found, somehow got outside of the map and couldn't get back in so had to re-load
So, there won't be custom stories? But you can sorta make custom stories from AMFP assets via TDD?

Kinda bummed. I find the AMFP world a lot more interesting for the prospect of custom stories than TDD, just IMO.
(09-13-2013, 03:36 AM)Tobi Wrote: [ -> ]So, there won't be custom stories? But you can sorta make custom stories from AMFP assets via TDD?

Kinda bummed. I find the AMFP world a lot more interesting for the prospect of custom stories than TDD, just IMO.

It's because AMFP removes features such as the inventory, sanity system and object interactivity that its items will be ported to TDD, rather than the inverse.
(09-13-2013, 03:43 AM)Alardem Wrote: [ -> ]It's because AMFP removes features such as the inventory, sanity system and object interactivity that its items will be ported to TDD, rather than the inverse.
That makes sense. I think as long as people can create custom stories with AMFP content it shouldn't matter where it is done. I mean, I can't imagine anyone owning just AMFP without TDD. Huh
(09-13-2013, 04:15 AM)Tobi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2013, 03:43 AM)Alardem Wrote: [ -> ]It's because AMFP removes features such as the inventory, sanity system and object interactivity that its items will be ported to TDD, rather than the inverse.
That makes sense. I think as long as people can create custom stories with AMFP content it shouldn't matter where it is done. I mean, I can't imagine anyone owning just AMFP without TDD. Huh

It is possible to actually modify ATTD in the way that it plays like AMFP. For instance: the blue filter that was used in AMFP can also be used in ATTD, it just takes 2 minutes to change the savefiles.