Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I don't dare!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Actually I love this topic. It's not that much about whether AMFP is less/more scary then TDD but for another thing I love TDD for. I heard complains about how monsters disappear after they kill you. Frankly for me this issue was only theory. In practical terms however, getting a monster to disappear means you gotta be killed first. Means IT HAS TO GET TO YOU! And I was way too scared to let that happen. So like gruzzniotre I was very often cowering in a dark corner, inching along though the game. And honestly I have no idea what exactly caused this. I love horror games and even more I love to analyse what makes them tick, i.e. how they try to mess with me. But this here is still a mystery for me.
Quite interesting, now that you mention it. The first time I played the game, when I was caught in the prison, I woke up somewhere else, and a gatherer was entering the dark room I was in, and just as it did so, it vanished into dust ... That really made me question whether I was insane or not.

However, I have also experienced that being cornered and PWND N00B by it does not necessarily mean you are safe. Sometimes, me awakening after a gatherer's attack, nothing would happen for a few seconds, and then one would unpredictably randomly spawn somewhere and sometimes even kill me all over if I was really unlucky.
Well, just at this moment i do one step at time.

Spoiler below!
I did just inject some blood from a fresh body and went to the door when a brute was starting to smash it.. I was so fucking scared!

I'm gonna play this game, i so f*cking sware, i will do it,.. Just, give it time! :3
Almost to the Sewers ^_^ I wish you the best of luck (you'll need it, and you'll see what I mean by that...).

As a heads-up, I would take extreme caution in the Choir. Play well Big Grin
The Prison and the Choir are the only parts in the game where I really wondered if I'd be able to keep going O_O...
I just notice something about this for my upcoming CS. The scareist parts in the game for me are those where you get lost. In both areas I had no clue where to go, I don't know how you guys feel about it, but being lost with monsters lurking around is probablythe most intense feeling of fear the game inspired me.
(09-14-2013, 02:41 PM)gruzzniotre Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just at this moment i do one step at time.

Spoiler below!
I did just inject some blood from a fresh body and went to the door when a brute was starting to smash it.. I was so fucking scared!

I'm gonna play this game, i so f*cking sware, i will do it,.. Just, give it time! :3

That part made me run out my room screaming lol
Even when sticking to the walls in the choir, I was freaking! You can hear a brute nearby, but you can't see where the suckers are at!

Spoiler below!
Besides the prison, I had the most trouble in the sewer when you have to distract the brute. My heart was in my throat the whole time. When I get too frazzled I hit all the wrong keys!
Pages: 1 2