Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Serious inquiry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So you guys know how a common stereotype with gay males is that they have a lisp, which is that they speak 's' sound as 'th', emirite?

During the medieval times, one of the most homophobic eras of western history, words involving pronunciation of "th" were a lot more common. For example: "thou", "thine", "thy", and "th" was also added to the end of many verbs like "speaketh" or "harketh".

Any correlation?
(09-16-2013, 01:13 AM)Chronofrog Wrote: [ -> ]So you guys know how a common stereotype with gay males is that they have a lisp, which is that they speak 's' sound as 'th', emirite?

During the medieval times, one of the most homophobic eras of western history, words involving pronunciation of "th" were a lot more common. For example: "thou", "thine", "thy", and "th" was also added to the end of many verbs like "speaketh" or "harketh".

Any correlation?

A lisp wouldn't be "Speaketh" it would be "sthpeaketh". So probably not.

I'm afraid I'm to tired to look up the etymology, so I won't.
Never heard that having a lisp is a stereotype for homosexual males. o.O Maybe it is because I live in Germany and the language matters? The only difference I see when looking at my homosexual friends is that they have a much better sense for style and are generally less grumpy than I am.
(09-16-2013, 07:01 PM)DavidS Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard that having a lisp is a stereotype for homosexual males. o.O Maybe it is because I live in Germany and the language matters? The only difference I see when looking at my homosexual friends is that they have a much better sense for style and are generally less grumpy than I am.

That is so odd.

I'm not from Germany but my gay friends are pretty relaxed and chill towards things that bother them too.

Odd....
And I was hoping for fabulous medieval knights.