Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: ATDD-Scripting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys, after i created my first cs (Just 5 minutes of gameplay) im finally ready to create a bigger thing.
But i got a question: I want the player to wake up in his bedroom and i dont know how to script that at all. Its a bit difficult

Could someone help?
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4626.html

Don't post in that thread. Post here if you have any problems.

EDIT: Nevermind that. The thread is closed.
Oh, sorry if i posted it in the wrong section. Didnt see that thread when checking the forum...
When its wrong, im sure a mod will move it :L

Could someone help btw? Im rly stuck right now.
I dont know where to put the script text exactly...
You have a create an .hps file with the same name as your map. So, if your map is named 01_house.map, you would make a file called 01_house.hps. (To do that, open notepad, hit save as, change .txt to 'All Files' and then type 01_house.hps.

There, you open the script file, and enter this:

Code:
void OnStart() {
      wakeUp()
}

void wakeUp () {

FadeOut(0);     // Instantly fades the screen out. (Good for starting the game)

FadeIn(20);      // Amount of seconds the fade in takes

FadeImageTrailTo(2, 2);

FadeSepiaColorTo(100, 4);

SetPlayerActive(false);    

FadePlayerRollTo(50, 220, 220);                 // "Tilts" the players head

FadeRadialBlurTo(0.15, 2);

SetPlayerCrouching(true);              // Simulates being on the ground

AddTimer("trig1", 11.0f, "beginStory");            // Change '11.0f' to however long you want the 'unconciousness' to last

}

void beginStory(string &in asTimer){

ChangePlayerStateToNormal();

SetPlayerActive(true);

FadePlayerRollTo(0, 33, 33);        // Change all settings to defaults

FadeRadialBlurTo(0.0, 1);

FadeSepiaColorTo(0, 4);

SetPlayerCrouching(false);

FadeImageTrailTo(0,1);

}
(09-22-2013, 06:43 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: [ -> ]You have a create an .hps file with the same name as your map. So, if your map is named 01_house.map, you would make a file called 01_house.hps. (To do that, open notepad, hit save as, change .txt to 'All Files' and then type 01_house.hps.

There, you open the script file, and enter this:

Code:
void OnStart() {
      wakeUp()
}

void wakeUp () {

FadeOut(0);     // Instantly fades the screen out. (Good for starting the game)

FadeIn(20);      // Amount of seconds the fade in takes

FadeImageTrailTo(2, 2);

FadeSepiaColorTo(100, 4);

SetPlayerActive(false);    

FadePlayerRollTo(50, 220, 220);                 // "Tilts" the players head

FadeRadialBlurTo(0.15, 2);

SetPlayerCrouching(true);              // Simulates being on the ground

AddTimer("trig1", 11.0f, "beginStory");            // Change '11.0f' to however long you want the 'unconciousness' to last

}

void beginStory(string &in asTimer){

ChangePlayerStateToNormal();

SetPlayerActive(true);

FadePlayerRollTo(0, 33, 33);        // Change all settings to defaults

FadeRadialBlurTo(0.0, 1);

FadeSepiaColorTo(0, 4);

SetPlayerCrouching(false);

FadeImageTrailTo(0,1);

}

So i just have to put that into my .hps file? I mean exactly like that.
Yes, and when you copied that and put it in your map you need to write this below it:

void OnEnter()
{

}

void OnLeave()
{

}

It's a simple wake up function but it works. Personally I would use a switch loop for best effect.
Hm that script is new to me, so i dont get it. If i could see a tutorial or something like that it would be easier to understand where to put it.

I guess i have to put it on void onStart() but i dont rly know. I will test, but there prob will be some errors.
(02-09-2014, 08:41 PM)Wapez Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and when you copied that and put it in your map you need to write this below it:

void OnEnter();
{

}

void OnLeave();
{

}

It's a simple wake up function but it works. Personally I would use a switch loop for best effect.

I'm guessing the semi-colons were just typos.

@OP
They are not supposed to be there though. These are also not required, but if you want to run scripts as the player is re-entering or leaving the level, use those. OnStart is only ran the first time the player loads the map, in case you didn't know.
Yes but i just dont get how to write it in there correctly... Anyone got a tutorial i can watch, to see how to do it?
Pages: 1 2