Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just after the game's release, I stumbled apon a rather decent review of the game. There was a part in the review where the critic mused about about the idea of the Amnesia name being passed around other developers, much like A Machine for Pigs was handed to The Chinese Room.

This got me thinking what developer would you like see tackle an Amnesia game? Naturally I would like Frictional Games to tackle a third game, but if it were to happen, who would you like? The question I'd first have if it's a sequel set in the same Universe again and takes into account the events of the first two games, what will the world be like? I dare say the Pigmen didn't magically vanish after the Machine's destruction so what will happen in a world that's aware of the Orb and Machine etc?

Personally I'd like to see Tecmo's take on the franchise. The orb and it's magical bullshit makes it way to Japan? Sounds good to me!

Or how about..........

DataEast : The President has been kidnapped by Pigmen, are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

Konami/Kojima : Laudanum and the Sanity system returns, but the sanity system takes the form of testing the player's actual sanity by having to endure hours of inane unskippable cutscenes.

Valve : Coming 2018, no info.
I'm not sure if this is a joke thread or completely serious.
(09-22-2013, 06:13 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is a joke thread or completely serious.

It's actually a bit of both, I can't recall the review I read that mentioned the idea though, but I did think that the team behind the Fatal Frame series could produce some interesting results.
There will not be more ''Amnesias''. FG's working on their super duper secret project and after the response they've gotten from AMFP I don't think they'll give a third amnesia (or any other game) to another dev.
(09-22-2013, 06:20 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: [ -> ]There will not be more ''Amnesias''. FG's working on their super duper secret project and after the response they've gotten from AMFP I don't think they'll give a third amnesia (or any other game) to another dev.

Well you never know, that's why I said ''if it were to happen''.

So I gather you wouldn't care for any other developer taking it on?
(09-22-2013, 06:20 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: [ -> ]There will not be more ''Amnesias''.

Actually I agree with the OP, and I'm looking forward to the Konami version.
Games like Amnesia are too good to let them die. I hope the franchise will get a further full-length game! TCR could make it again.

The Amnesia universe is brillant. Only two games of that are not enough - and I think people like the universe. TDD was a great horror game, AAMFP great at story and also horror.

A new Amnesia in HPL3 engine would be fantastic. Hope they will do any further games.

Team Silent wouldn't be a bad choice, I think they could combine a machinery setting with disturbing japanish horror. Silent Hill also had machine rooms etc. I'm sure it would be even good at puzzles and a pure scare-fest.

(09-22-2013, 06:13 PM)Nuits Grace Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is a joke thread or completely serious.

Every nice idea is a joke for you.
No it's not, sir. Some of the devs he mentioned made me double take and question whether OP was joking, nothing else, nothing more.

Fatal Frame devs doing an Amnesia game would be cool though. But I have to say that I don't want to see another Amnesia. Nor does the studio who will be given the task of making it.
(09-22-2013, 06:35 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Games like Amnesia are too good to let them die. I hope the franchise will get a further full-length game! TCR could make it again.

The Amnesia universe is brillant. Only two games of that are not enough - and I think people like the universe. TDD was a great horror game, AAMFP great at story and also horror.

A new Amnesia in HPL3 engine would be fantastic. Hope they will do any further games.

Team Silent wouldn't be a bad choice, I think they could combine a machinery setting with disturbing japanish horror. Silent Hill also had machine rooms etc. I'm sure it would be even good at puzzles and a pure scare-fest.

Every nice idea is a joke for you.

My only current serious choice would still have been Tecmo if keeping it's roots as a horror was important. It would be cool the setting changing all the time, we've had gothic castle, gothic victorian industry, perhaps even a prequel involving the ruins in Mexico, I can't really remember from the first game but do we have an actual estimated date on the how long the orbs have actually been there?

Plus I did mention Fatal Frame's dev. Team Silent would be a good choice too.
The Valve version will be worth waiting for, but delayed heavily. They'll release it episodically, starting with an initial two hour episode. A ninety minute second episode will follow a year and a half later, then several screenshots of episode three will be released accompanied by the assurance that it's 'Coming soon'. Two years after episode three fails to appear they'll announce the episode structure 'Wasn't really working for us', and they'll stop talking about the game altogether.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6