Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Update coming! Brave testers needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
The attach and replace crash seems to be totally fixed from what i have tested, as does the attach and break crash. Regarding attach-then-break props not being created bug i have been able to test it more now, and think the issue is actually in breaking props:
Spoiler below!

Code:
void OnStart()
{
    GiveItemFromFile("lantern","lantern.ent");
    SetLanternLitCallback("cbLamp");
}

void cbLamp(bool abLit)
{
    testAttachAndBreak();
}

void testAttachAndBreak()
{
    AttachPropToProp("barrel","toReplace","vase01.ent",1,0,0,0,0,0);
    SetPropHealth("toReplace",0.0f);
}
Firstly, the patch has fixed the game crashing when doing the above code and then moving the barrel. However, when spamming the lamp on and off the broken vase entities will stop spawning randomly after some point. Using the below code does not have this issue (as far as i can tell!):
Code:
{
ReplaceEntity("toReplace","","toReplace_broken","vase01_broken.ent",false);
}
However, adjusting the above code to the following still has the issue:
Code:
{
ReplaceEntity("toReplace","","toReplace_replaced","vase01.ent",false);
SetPropHealth("toReplace_replaced",0.0f);
}

----

Model editor import 2 meshes crash:
Spoiler below!

Model editor crashes after importing two meshes:

E.g.
1) open model editor
2) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed01.dae"
3) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed02.dae" crashes

Also
1) open model editor
2) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed02.dae" no crash
3) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed01.dae" crashes

Also has some strange behavior if you are inside the model test when importing meshes. E.g.

1) open model editor
2) file->open->"entities/lamp/bridge_torch/bridge_torch.ent"
3) Start model test (double cogs)
4) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed01.dae"
5) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed02.dae"
6) file->import mesh->"static_objects/castlebase/pillar/plain_decayed03.dae"
7) end the model test (double cogs again) crashes with no stack trace in module <unknown>.

Model editor overzealous animation field validation:
Spoiler below!

Open "servant_brute" and go to the animations tab. Click OK and the editor raises and error due to "blank feilds", however, empty string is an acceptable entry for the value feild for "step":
Code:
<Animation File="servant_brute/animations/attack_run.dae_anim" Name="SwingLaunch" SpecialEventTime="0.45" Speed="1">
                <Event Time="0.1" Type="PlaySound" Value="brute/metal_run" />
                <Event Time="0.2" Type="PlaySound" Value="brute/attack_launch" />
                <Event Time="0.3" Type="Step" Value="" />
                <Event Time="1" Type="Step" Value="" />
            </Animation>
The above is some animation data taken directly from the brute entity file.

Level editor has issues when breaking large compounds. To test, load a map and select a large chunk of it and create & break apart the compound (B key twice). Creation is quick, but breaking the compound apart crashes or hangs.
I just tested a very simple cube animation which included armatures, directly exported from Blender, and it works without issues! I did not have to modify the DAE file in any way (before this update, such simple animations would fail completely). The animations were picked up and displayed correctly (though the visual representation of the bones were inaccurate, but that didn't ruin the animation or mesh). This is using version 2.68 of Blender. This is awesome. Now i just need to test out more complicated meshes. If it works with complicated meshes too, i could uninstall Maya and i'd be able to accomplish everything i wanted for my custom story.
I don't know if this has been addressed or solved already, but is anyone else having trouble with the new lantern? In my test map, after equipping it and pressing f, the lantern floats outside of the hand in a wonky position.

I haven't tinkered with the model editor much, but would that be the route to go?
Dunno if you're planning on doing any bugfixing but there's been an annoying crash with the level editor for a while. Just checked and it still exists in the 130930 revision.

Repro by

- Place an entity
- Select the entity
- Click on the 'Entity' tab on the right side
- Use any 1-0 hotkey to switch tools.
(10-01-2013, 10:34 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested a very simple cube animation which included armatures, directly exported from Blender, and it works without issues! I did not have to modify the DAE file in any way (before this update, such simple animations would fail completely). The animations were picked up and displayed correctly (though the visual representation of the bones were inaccurate, but that didn't ruin the animation or mesh). This is using version 2.68 of Blender. This is awesome. Now i just need to test out more complicated meshes. If it works with complicated meshes too, i could uninstall Maya and i'd be able to accomplish everything i wanted for my custom story.

ARE YOU SO FUCKING KIDDING?! FUCKING YES I CAN DO BLENDER RIGS
(10-02-2013, 08:16 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 10:34 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested a very simple cube animation which included armatures, directly exported from Blender, and it works without issues! I did not have to modify the DAE file in any way (before this update, such simple animations would fail completely). The animations were picked up and displayed correctly (though the visual representation of the bones were inaccurate, but that didn't ruin the animation or mesh). This is using version 2.68 of Blender. This is awesome. Now i just need to test out more complicated meshes. If it works with complicated meshes too, i could uninstall Maya and i'd be able to accomplish everything i wanted for my custom story.

ARE YOU SO FUCKING KIDDING?! FUCKING YES I CAN DO BLENDER RIGS

ERMERGERD! FINALLY! Big Grin
So i did some more testing with Blender and the patched model editor. I tested a monkey and a chibi girl. The chibi girl's rig is far more complex than the monkey. The chibi girl causes the model editor to crash in all instances. The monkey, however, imports perfectly after applying the transformations (Object > Apply > ... or Ctrl+A > ...) in Blender, with animations and everything. I'm not sure why the chibi girl causes the model editor to crash while the monkey imports perfectly fine, but i am really satisfied with the results. This means i could definitely uninstall Maya and just stick to Blender.
[Image: w74a.jpg]
Oh, that's great! Big Grin
Just keep in mind the working Blender stuff is just a happy accident, so it's not officially supported. There won't be fixes for it if something breaks.

Also can't promise anything regarding the fixing of old bugs. If I find the time I'll try to look into it, but I have my hands full at the moment (with a certain other project) and will focus on making the new features work as flawlessly as possible.
You seem to be new to frictional games or is it just me? Have you been hired especially to keep the modding community alive? If so, will you go away after this update or keep fixing stuff as it comes?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49