Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Update coming! Brave testers needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
About the skybox bug, do you know how to reproduce it?
I used the old LevelEditor to save a map with a skybox texture, then updated to the latest and opened it again, and the skybox was still there.
Are you sure you didn't save it with the previous (130930) level editor before loading it with the latest one?

Could you open the map file in a text editor and see if it says SkyBoxTexture anywhere in it?
(10-16-2013, 09:15 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]About the skybox bug, do you know how to reproduce it?
I used the old LevelEditor to save a map with a skybox texture, then updated to the latest and opened it again, and the skybox was still there.
Are you sure you didn't save it with the previous (130930) level editor before loading it with the latest one?

Could you open the map file in a text editor and see if it says SkyBoxTexture anywhere in it?

OK, let me see...
Back in a sec.
Here is already some information:
I had the ORIGINAL editor, all perfect, then i updated to the SECOND update, and "map 1" didn't show the skybox, ONLY the COLOR i've added worked, i've updated with the LAST update and "map 2 etc.." didn't show the skybox either.
Checking the .map for skybox.

MAP that i added the SKYBOX AFTER -> LAST UPDATE : OPENED AND CHANGED:
</EditorSession>
<MapData FogActive="false" FogColor="1 1 1 1" FogCulling="true" FogEnd="20" FogFalloffExp="1" FogStart="0" GlobalDecalMaxTris="300" Name="" SkyBoxActive="true" SkyBoxColor="0.362 0.334 0.335 1" SkyBoxTexture="../../../../Premonition/Premonition_textures/envmaps/NightSky1.dds">
<MapContents>

-----------
Map that has been with LAST UPDATE NOT OPENED YET! :
<MapData FogActive="false" FogColor="1 1 1 1" FogCulling="true" FogEnd="20" FogFalloffExp="1" FogStart="0" GlobalDecalMaxTris="300" Name="" SkyBoxActive="true" SkyBoxColor="0.552 0.5 0.379 1">

As you could see here : SkyBoxColor="0.552 0.5 0.379 1"> it DOES see the color changes..

-----------
I'm sorry, but it's a bit hard to reproduce Tongue old \ new files ... Wink
What i did was this :
ORIGINAL EDITOR { all fine } UPDATE 2 -> didn't work , "only the COLOR is been seen" -> Last update, didn't work either "Color could been seentho"
MAYBE it is fixed, but because i've had 2 updates? i don;t know...
I will try to test if it works now when gon IN
Out with the last version.
-----
i MIGHT have the problem tho? :
I can see one of them now, it is still looking for REDIST as mentioned above..
This map what i am talkin about now has the nightskybox and it can been seen BUT because it is in the REDIST somewhere { in a custom story }
Maybe this could help?
The editor just doesn't SAVE stuff properly , Like cache orso?

Quote:To test -in a new level- i placed only a castle door entities/door/castle/castle.ent

When you go and browse for its entity (the small button labeled "..." )
It takes you correctly to the entities/door/castle/ directory.

But, if you save and open the map again, the browse button now takes you always to /redist instead.

The problem is still here, when save a skybox.. EXIT -> OPEN same map..
Skybox gone ...??
IT LOOKS \ CHECKS \ GOES to REDIST FOLDER
With LAST udate.
It isn't saving cache or msh? i guess...
Hmm, sorry, I have a bit of a hard time understanding some of that. But it seems as if you might have saved the map once with "update 2", and that would have removed the skybox from the map.

If you want to make sure, create a map with a skybox texture in the original editor and try opening it with the latest version and it should still be there. If not, then something is very wrong.
The problem is the LevelEditor.exe after the update.
It doesn't save the skybox.

I don't know why are you using that one, you're supposed to use LevelEditor131016.exe after the update. Which opens&saves maps' skyboxes properly.
New version is up! (same filename as the last one)

Fixes
  • Fixed the bug where clicking the file browse button on an entity or similar sometimes would take you to the redist folder instead of to the folder where the current file is located.
Patrik...
YOU FIXED THE LEVELEDITOR!!!
The skybox works PERCECT NOW!
AND
When looking into a entitie\staticobject etc etc..
NOW it saves and knows where the files is located!
2 words :
AWESOME JOB!
---
Now it would be awesome if you would be able to fix the StopSanityEvents{}
You are doing such a good work here Patrik!
Thank you!!!
(10-16-2013, 05:16 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]...Hopefully this will be the final test version...
By the way, when the testing period would be finished, where this Update would be placed for downloading? Somewhere like "Tools" section as it is right now http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start ? Or for example there at the HPLWiki the whole new section of HPL2.5 would be opened? With all the descriptions of new functions, entities, etc. Or... ?
I dont think so Alex, Since we are not exactly getting HPL2.5, rather we are just getting HPL2 compatible with HPL2.5 assets, plus some extra scripts added in.
I just updated it and created a cs folder.. It won't appear again. -_-

http://i.imgur.com/TV6BXrp.png

http://i.imgur.com/YxUgnIk.png

http://i.imgur.com/M2BDALw.png

Why..I know i just made a thread about it and i thought it was solved. When i re-installed it. It works just fine but when i just updated for the AAMFP assets and re-creating it again..It won't appear
(10-17-2013, 04:04 PM)BonePieCreations Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated it and created a cs folder.. It won't appear again. -_-

Like I said, I tried putting your CS in my folder and it showed up just fine so there's nothing wrong with how it's set up, and shouldn't be anything wrong with the update either. Anyone else having issues getting their CS to show?

Is it just your CS that won't show? Have you tried other custom stories? Are you following the step-by-step guide for installing the update?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49