Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Update coming! Brave testers needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Anyone here having any problems with the MFP monster"s" that can't smash regular doors?
-
Question : WHY is there a MAX limit of sounds?
IF i have more then 15 sounds player { PLAYMUSIC.OGG NOT INCLUDED } then the game goes SILENT! { EXCEPT PLAYMUSCMUSIC.OGG }
Can i change that value somewhere to .. 25 for example? OR is that in the code?
-
Question : We REALLY need the function for DisableSanityEvent. OR we will get problems with the LIMITED SOUNDS to 15 = no sound at all!
Cause : the sanity events need a sound to play.
Like 10 sounds playing 6 sanityevents = NO SOUNDS PLAYIGN AT ALL!
And we all know...
There is Always a possibility that over 15 sounds will get played
{ scripted \ or editor sounds }
-
Any idea when this might be seeing a final release, or one at least on other platforms?

I'm really excited to get working on on some maps for a CS I'm helping develop.
(10-28-2013, 08:23 PM)Potato Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea when this might be seeing a final release, or one at least on other platforms?

I'm really excited to get working on on some maps for a CS I'm helping develop.

All my previous ideas on when it'll be out have been wrong, so it's probably better not to say anything. Wink I've found and fixed a few more engine issues that emerged when I was playtesting the game, so at least one more test version will go up before the final release.
New version is up!

Fixes
  • Added function StopCurrentInsanityEvent so you can stop the currently playing insanity event. This doesn't have any effect on audio events.
  • Updated a bunch of broken ragdoll objects. Make sure to copy the entity and static objects folder to your redist folder.
  • Fixed scaling and translation in collada models using Z_UP.

If anyone feels like playing the main story for testing purposes, that'd be much appreciated. I've already gone through it myself of course, but it's easy to miss stuff. Smile
(11-01-2013, 10:20 AM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]New version is up!

Fixes
  • Added function StopCurrentInsanityEvent so you can stop the currently playing insanity event. This doesn't have any effect on audio events.
  • Updated a bunch of broken ragdoll objects. Make sure to copy the entity and static objects folder to your redist folder.
  • Fixed scaling and translation in collada models using Z_UP.

If anyone feels like playing the main story for testing purposes, that'd be much appreciated. I've already gone through it myself of course, but it's easy to miss stuff. Smile

Please, update SetEntityPos function, its support only "world" coordinate system Sad
And its possible to fix ExitInventory() function?
(11-01-2013, 11:22 AM)Fatalist Wrote: [ -> ]Please, update SetEntityPos function, its support only "world" coordinate system Sad
Just out of curiosity, which other coordinates you want use?
Why is the current not good for you?

And talking about functions, how about a function to control the game speed?
Just like F3 does. We could create nice bullet time effects.

I noticed that this new option controls the game speed in a global scale, affecting speed
of sounds, particles, even objects moved by RotatePropToSpeed and SetMoveObjectStateExt
making it very handy and effective.
Patrik,
Another small idea\quesion to make stuff cooler or us.
IS it possible to make inside the editor \ ENEMY a function that
DISABLES the sanitydrain thing?
We can just use : DISABLETRIGGER, for them to NOT attack player.
---
Would be very usefull for us to make moving "enemy's" into NORMAL people who we can interact with.
For example : a conversation or questions etc...
Just another idea.
---
Overall i don't see any big issues in the editor.
Still bugtesting and trying to make the editor crash [Image: wink.gif] HEhehhE!

COPY PAST :
Patrik,
Update REQUEST \ IDEA :
Could it be possible to make a .HPL connect the MAIN MENU.
So we can actually make stuff happen in the MAIN MENU.
-
Full Conversion only "Proberly"

---
OTHER COPY PAST:

Patrik,
Another small question :
Why suddenly like 100% of my sounds stop playing WHILE haveing MORE then 15 sounds playering? NOT THE MUSIC.OGG THO!
Could this be the problem: ENGINE MAX SOUNDS LIMIT 15 "can this bhe changed"? --
Any idea maybe?
Could it be the Update or just me?
IF you want to try yourself..
Easely make MORE then 15 sound at a time = going to stop all SOUNDS...

---
_______-------------________----------_________
EXTRA COPY PASTE:
Anyone here having any problems with the MFP monster"s" that can't smash regular doors?
-
Question : WHY is there a MAX limit of sounds?
IF i have more then 15 sounds player { PLAYMUSIC.OGG NOT INCLUDED } then the game goes SILENT! { EXCEPT PLAYMUSCMUSIC.OGG }
Can i change that value somewhere to .. 25 for example? OR is that in the code?
-
-
Question : How can i make teh flashlight FLICKER? do i have to change the names of billboards \ lantern \ pointlight etc from the ORIGINAL MFP lantern?
------------------________________-----------------_______________
Question : How can i make teh flashlight FLICKER? do i have to change the names of billboards \ lantern \ pointlight etc from the ORIGINAL MFP lantern?
This is only for when yo see an enemy if flashlight is turned on.
-
That was it so far i gues... THANKS!

I will try to play the main game today\tomorrow!
Let you know if there are any issues.
Don't think so tho, looks quite fine now with the updates.
-
Installing the new update in a bit adn back to bugtesting for it.

Edit :
•Added function StopCurrentInsanityEvent so you can stop the currently playing insanity event. This doesn't have any effect on audio events.

S U P E R!
Tis will stop my problem with the SANITYYEVENT { hud} making the game set OVER 15 sounds and that will break the games sounds!
Super!
(11-01-2013, 05:47 PM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2013, 11:22 AM)Fatalist Wrote: [ -> ]Please, update SetEntityPos function, its support only "world" coordinate system Sad
Just out of curiosity, which other coordinates you want use?
Why is the current not good for you?

Local coordinate system! For script like this:
SetEntityPos("thing" , GetPlayerPosX()+num, GetPlayerPosY()+num, GetPlayerPosZ()+num); Its perfect for "behind you" scare)
Also its need me for flare script:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h35sfo184p5sfv...19-187.avi
And that's why I want working ExitInventory() script)
I have a thing to say for this!
When the StopCurrentInsanityEvent (); is getting called, SOUND FX DOESN't stop!
So what i mean is this:
event is happening, i call the StopCurrentInsanityEvent but the SOUND of that event is still working.
Could you make it like the sound is ALSO getting stopped?
Otherwise it is a little bit.. let's say not very usefull...
Could you not just do the sound seperately from the Insanity event?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49