Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Update coming! Brave testers needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
(11-18-2013, 01:28 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference, if it hasn't been covered yet:

Make sure you have the files that DO NOT come with this update from the actual HPL Editor Suite zip file from the Wiki page . I had issues just before doing a reinstall of A:TDD before.

So you mean the original dev tools? I had those before I installed this update.
(11-18-2013, 05:15 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]i want it to have when i press the door 10 times the effect will overwrite the other if pressing it over and over.
If i have a long line, it will sound so weird if i press it 10 times. you will hear the voiceacting 10 times..
How can i fix that?

It seems the documentation is wrong about it calling the voice callback.
Anyway, if I understand your question correctly you should call StopAllEffectVoices(0) before you call AddEffectVoice when the player interacts with the door.

(11-18-2013, 05:18 PM)Fatalist Wrote: [ -> ]Testing FC mod with custom stuff - some entities change its position and size.

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me more details. What mod, and where in the mod?
I have suspicions against my own TDD decent folder, but since another guy is talking about entity issues:

When playing the mod "Bitterwood Peak", I modified it to use the new amnesiaNUMBER.exe and in the intro a custom helicopter entity was missing. This was not the case for all entities though, as I can report that in the mods menu custom assets were used and shown.
After encountering this issue I assumed I had to have fucked something up, and changed it back to the original amnesia. The downside to doing this though was that the custom cell phone lantern in the mod did not work anymore, which lead my suspicion toward that it was just my folder being strange.
If you want to test it yourself I suggest you just grab the mod and just quickly play the intro so you can see if the plane is there.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21275.html
(11-18-2013, 09:09 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-18-2013, 05:15 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]i want it to have when i press the door 10 times the effect will overwrite the other if pressing it over and over.
If i have a long line, it will sound so weird if i press it 10 times. you will hear the voiceacting 10 times..
How can i fix that?

It seems the documentation is wrong about it calling the voice callback.
Anyway, if I understand your question correctly you should call StopAllEffectVoices(0) before you call AddEffectVoice when the player interacts with the door.

(11-18-2013, 05:18 PM)Fatalist Wrote: [ -> ]Testing FC mod with custom stuff - some entities change its position and size.

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me more details. What mod, and where in the mod?

-
I feel ashamed... and stupid!
StopAllEffectVoices(0);
I had StopAllEffectVoice(0);
No S ...
I apoligze Patrik and guys!
It WORKS... hmm stupid me.........
So, should I use the LevelEditor131111 or the normal, original one? What are the differences anyway? Could that be the source to my problem?
you should use the new one
Oh what the hell? Apparently it works if I run AmnesiaTest131111. Well, I feel stupid now. Yeah ok, it's stated on the front page. My tl;dr attitude isn't really paying off.
(11-18-2013, 09:09 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, that doesn't sound good. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me more details. What mod, and where in the mod?

I created a new map for my mod (in normal level editor), testing it in normal Amnesia.exe and all things work fine.
Yesterday I changed a .bat file for testing a new AmnesiaTest131111.exe version.
And what I saw:
Spoiler below!

[Image: xgp5.jpg]
[Image: 0ksx.jpg]

+Two entities disappear, I dont see it in map.
But in level editor all is good.
So the AMFP Assets do work but some are ridiculously sized and some have missing models.
I Made a level for my project using AMFP Assets i noticed something was off with the hanging lamps.
Look closely at the lamps
Spoiler below!
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_064.jpg]
THEIR FLOATING... It's like their being held up by fucking magic.
(11-19-2013, 04:52 AM)Fatalist Wrote: [ -> ]+Two entities disappear, I dont see it in map.
But in level editor all is good.

If it works in the level editor that should mean it's a cache issue. Does your level have a map_cache file? If so, try removing it and reloading the level.
If that doesn't work, remove the msh files for the entities that don't behave the way you expect them to.
If again, that doesn't work, try re-saving the level in the new level editor and if the entities aren't static objects but actual ent-files, resave those in the new editor as well.

If any of these steps fixes the issue, let me know which one. Smile

Also, one thing that would help a LOT is if you could upload a zip file somewhere with your map and any custom models/entities and send me a link by PM.

(11-19-2013, 06:07 AM)endosine Wrote: [ -> ]So the AMFP Assets do work but some are ridiculously sized and some have missing models.
I Made a level for my project using AMFP Assets i noticed something was off with the hanging lamps.
Look closely at the lamps
Spoiler below!
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_064.jpg]
THEIR FLOATING... It's like their being held up by fucking magic.

Missing models might either be that you only copied the entities folder and the entity in question has its model in the static_objects folder, or that its model is there, but invisible because the texture is in the textures folder.

Models appearing with the wrong size could be caused by some msh file you didn't remove. Make sure you follow the steps in the first post when copying the AMFP assets. Also, make sure you're not using an older version of the editor or the Amnesia executable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49