Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Update coming! Brave testers needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
(01-06-2014, 04:14 AM)Damascus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this has been answered before at some point in this thread, but I haven't been able to personally find the answer:

Will this update be automatic for all owners of Amensia: The Dark Descent? If I'm going to put these new scripts in my upcoming custom story, should I link to the update when it is released, or will I not have to worry about it?

I guess it will be automatic, but just in case I would post the link to the patch, to avoid problems.
(01-06-2014, 01:58 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2014, 10:54 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and another one question. If I am reading everything right then Collada exporter have been updated too. That's great. My English is quite fine but sometimes I am translating not quite right, so that's why I asking. Sorry for disturbance. And so here is the question. Which version of Maya can I use with updated Collada exporter? Are 2014 or 2013 versions compatible? Or should I stick to 2011 version which was fully compatible with TDD as I remember?

With this update, the .FBX files work too, so there's no need to use collada for Maya users Smile

Well yes I noticed that in Patrick list...
(09-25-2013, 08:28 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]...Added support for FBX files and Collada models exported in 3D Max...

Here it's written that exporters are updated for Max as long as chineseroom were working with Max. So I just want to be sure that everything will be fine with Maya 2012 / 2013 / 2014 which all are way better than 2011 (subjectively). Anyone tried that practically? Not with 3DMax but with Maya in particular. Anyone?

P.S. Sorry for being a bit nasty. Sincerely sorry. I hope my questions aren't so lethally annoying. All those Autodesk products installing and uninstalling procedures are a lot more annoying (and system/registry overtrashing by the way) than my questions Confused
(01-06-2014, 08:19 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2014, 01:58 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2014, 10:54 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and another one question. If I am reading everything right then Collada exporter have been updated too. That's great. My English is quite fine but sometimes I am translating not quite right, so that's why I asking. Sorry for disturbance. And so here is the question. Which version of Maya can I use with updated Collada exporter? Are 2014 or 2013 versions compatible? Or should I stick to 2011 version which was fully compatible with TDD as I remember?

With this update, the .FBX files work too, so there's no need to use collada for Maya users Smile

Well yes I noticed that in Patrick list...

(09-25-2013, 08:28 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]...Added support for FBX files and Collada models exported in 3D Max...

Here it's written that exporters are updated for Max as long as chineseroom were working with Max. So I just want to be sure that everything will be fine with Maya 2012 / 2013 / 2014 which all are way better than 2011 (subjectively). Anyone tried that practically? Not with 3DMax but with Maya in particular. Anyone?

P.S. Sorry for being a bit nasty. Sincerely sorry. I hope my questions aren't so lethally annoying. All those Autodesk products installing and uninstalling procedures are a lot more annoying (and system/registry overtrashing by the way) than my questions Confused
https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCOLL...LADA-Tools

This collada plugin has been working for me, in junction with maya. A (possibly long) while ago the newest version it supported was maya 2011, which is why you might see it recommended around the forums. They have since then updated the plugin, and it now works with maya 2013 too. It isn't updated for maya 2014 yet though - as you may see reading the page.

I/Obliviator have tried importing animated .fbx files only to happen upon crashes. The collada plugin has been working fine though. It could (should?) be something with the process of how the .fbx was exported, but I cannot be bothered to search for a solution for that since Maya 2013 with the opencollada plugin linked above works just fine for me.

TLDR; Maya 2013 with the above linked collada should be fine.

I would also like to step into Patrik's defense regarding complaints concerning the time taken for this patch. He/FG is doing this for free! Awesome! It is extra, non-promised, non-income generating work just for the modding community. Can you believe it?! I barely can. This really is FG showing 'some love' for their community.

Thank you Patrik/FG!

PS. If other users have no issue with the animated .fbx stuff you can just ignore the issues Obliviator had as an outlier.
Well first off the reason why some people might think things are slow, is because HEY! Holidays! People are not working right now. ^^'

Anyway, rigged and animated meshes from max 12/13 fully working without any troubles at all, I've yet to test with 14.
Just want to give you all a slight update.
We've all been away during the holidays, and right now Soma is taking up a lot of time. But I am aware of the questions and PMs I've gotten and will address them when I can.

The update is still on its way and we haven't abandoned you. Smile
(01-07-2014, 11:23 AM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to give you all a slight update.
We've all been away during the holidays, and right now Soma is taking up a lot of time. But I am aware of the questions and PMs I've gotten and will address them when I can.

Patrik,please try to change the graphics and in future made script for animation character.
We will wait!
(01-07-2014, 11:23 AM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to give you all a slight update.

That's great news. I'll be looking forward to it!
(01-08-2014, 08:31 AM)Icaab2608 Wrote: [ -> ]

Patrik,please try to change the graphics and in future made script for animation character.
We will wait!

Yeah that's not going to happen, this simply ports over some functions from AMFP, they're not adding anything new.
Hey Pat, I reinstalled Amnesia and when installing the update and I accidentally run the update without the original suite. Now the new suite that came with the newest version of the beta update won't work without getting a blackbox.

So now I used the original editor suite. Will people have issues with my CS because I made it with the original Level Editor and not the updated Level Editor?
(01-08-2014, 12:35 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2014, 08:31 AM)Icaab2608 Wrote: [ -> ]

We will wait!

Yeah that's not going to happen, this simply ports over some functions from AMFP, they're not adding anything new.
Okay,will wait for the update.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49