Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Update coming! Brave testers needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Well the update is meant to be added on top of the original suit, so it should really not be expected to work without.
The new update does not exactly remove anything so I dont see any reason people should have issues with your cs unless you used custom models in it.(as you probably know people have reported a few issues with that earlier in the thread, and a manual fix has been found.)
I know some of you have had issues with converting your mods to the new version. Any steps that you have had to take other than having to remove the msh/anm files, setting the unit scale and removing matrix transforms?

(12-24-2013, 12:41 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2013, 02:08 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Will this patch get integrated into the setup of the game when it is final? Is it official Amnesia 1.3 update?
Same question bothers me also. Would that Update when finished be real Update by all means? Would the Dark Descent be automatically updated via Steam?

It's the official 1.3 patch. As far as I know it will automatically get uploaded for all Steam users.

(01-06-2014, 04:14 AM)Damascus Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm going to put these new scripts in my upcoming custom story, should I link to the update when it is released, or will I not have to worry about it?

Since people who got the game from other sources than Steam might still be on an old version, I'd recommend making it clear that it will only work with the latest patch.

(01-08-2014, 03:35 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]So now I used the original editor suite. Will people have issues with my CS because I made it with the original Level Editor and not the updated Level Editor?

As long as you stick to TDD assets it should be okay.
(01-08-2014, 08:09 PM)Patrik Wrote: [ -> ]It's the official 1.3 patch. As far as I know it will automatically get uploaded for all Steam users.

I knew it. Anyway, for all those asking why it is taking so long that's because it's an official update/patch and not just a tools update anymore. Official updates need to validated (thorough testing), distributed on all game platforms (steam, retail etc...), be windows, mac & linux (Urkle) compatible etc. Makes sense really... Wink
I have accidentally created two instances of the same map - in the same mapfile. Depending on if I open the map in the new or the old leveleditor it looks different.

I added a plane and some lights in the new editor. Went in game using the old amnesia.exe, using my fullconversion bat. Didn't find the plane so opened the old leveleditor and added another plane and some lights. Then went in game and found them.

Now I have two versions of the map depending on which leveleditor I open it with. I can assume the same is true if I were to run my fullconversion with the new amnesia.exe.
So, when it's an official update now, not just to add the tools, will there be any game related fixes/improvements?
So it will automatically be downloaded, when it's the final update and everything works perfect?
I hope the final update will come soon, i want to create a story with the new details. Im fed up with the castle stuff and all the brooms Big Grin
Will everything be updated? I mean the model editor and other editors.
Can't wait till the final update arrives, because i dont want to start working on it when something is still buggy...
Hey, I Use "Enemy_Manpig" And The enemy is engineer, why the enemy can't break door mansion? Please Help me

Sorry For My Bad English
(01-17-2014, 02:10 PM)zihniadli Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I Use "Enemy_Manpig" And The enemy is engineer, why the enemy can't break door mansion? Please Help me

Sorry For My Bad English
its either one of these 2 I think:

1. By door mansion you mean the door from machine for pigs, and unfortunately the doors from machine for pigs were never made to be properly breakable. If you abselutely want it to be breakable you can make it so by making a copy of the .ent of the door and modifying it to be breakable. But know that this means no holes will be made in the door so it wont break as dramatically as the normal doors.
You could of course also just use TDD mansion doors.

2. If you are using a properly working and breakable door, then it could simply have to do with how the door is placed and how the manpig approaches it. I have many times had manpigs keep smashing at doors they should be able to break, only to have it break it once I went up and moved it a little. I am not really sure why this happens but try making some small adjustments to the door or perhaps the manpigs pathnodes.
How Did You Mean The Mug???
will this cause any problems for my custom models? Or is it basically the same?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49