Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Good modeling software for new assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to create new assets for my Full conversion mod and i need suggestions for a good Modeling program.

I Tried Maya 2014 but the installer wouldn't load at all and it gave me multiple errors. I don't know if that's an issue with the version or something else.

Any suggestions will help.
You could try and use:

Blender (Free, but can't rig enemies.)
Maya 2011 (Unless you're trying to rig a monster, any version is fine. You can choose to pay it of use the Student version.)
3DS Max (Pay, but good to rig enemies.)

Each program has it's ups and downs, but it's entirely up to you.
(09-26-2013, 10:06 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]You could try and use:

Blender (Free, but can't rig enemies.)
Maya 2011 (Unless you're trying to rig a monster, any version is fine. You can choose to pay it of use the Student version.)
3DS Max (Pay, but good to rig enemies.)

Each program has it's ups and downs, but it's entirely up to you.

I've got blender and I'm currently downloading Maya 2011 student version. I'll test both to see how good they are.
You can get any Autodesk modeling software (Maya, 3ds Max) for free if you have a student license.
(09-26-2013, 10:10 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]You can get any Autodesk modeling software (Maya, 3ds Max) for free if you have a student license.

Yeah that's how i got Maya 2014. I'm downloading 2011 because of an issue with 2014.

I'm tempted to try 3ds Max if it supports Windows 8 and i don't get any issues.