Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: AddAttachedPropToProp problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to replicate the mechanics of the elevator switch in Machine for Pigs, but am having a small problem with one of the scripts. Here's what the switch script looks like so far:

PHP Code:
void ElevatorDescent (string &in asEntityint alState)
{
    if (
alState == 1)
    {

AddAttachedPropToProp("elevator_pod_1""ElevatorSwitchStatic""elevator_switch_static.ent"0.06f, -1.842f, -0.068f0.0f0.0f0.0f);

PlaySoundAtEntity("""church_draw_lever_open.snt""ElevatorSwitchSource"0.0ffalse);

SetEntityActive("ElevatorSwitch"false);

SetMoveObjectState("elevator_door_right_1"0);

SetMoveObjectState("elevator_door_left_1"0);

PlaySoundAtEntity("""reactor_elevator_door_close_3D.snt""ElevatorDoorSource"0.0ffalse);

PlaySoundAtEntity("""reactor_elevator_door_close_2D.snt""ElevatorDoorSource"0.0ffalse);

AddTimer("ElevatorMoves"3.5f"ElevatorMoves");
    }

My problem is with the afPosZ portion of the AddAttachedPropToProp script, which in game seems to be permanently set as thought it were at 0. When I change the X and Y floats, it moves the static lever around, but changing the Z float doesn't move it at all. While it's like this, as soon as I pull the switch into position, the static switch just appears in the middle of the elevator panel, instead of in the slot like it's supposed to.
To elaborate: afPosZ is ignored and afRotZ is used for both the z position and z rotation of the prop. The good news is that this has been fixed in the update with the introduction of AttachPropToProp (as well as another bug related to AddAttachedPropToProp).
Ah, thank you kind sirs. Works fine with the patch.