Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Joined or Seperate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a problem for my Custom Story. Originally, it'll have 4 levels, Outside, Cellar, Machinery, and Hub.

Now I would like the Idea of a JOINED map, in which all 4 maps are merged into one. I support this because:

- Increases Immersion
- No loading screen
- Consistency between levels
- Loading screen gives errors

But, issues arise because:

- Lag at the beginning
- Too large map filesize BP (Bitterwood Peak) broke this with a staggering 10 MB map size.
- Too much performance use

So what do you guys think? JOINED or SEPARATE?
Separate. The reason why FG made it separate was this one: Performance. So yeah, stick the traditional way.
Why not two different downloads one for those who want joined, and one for those whom dont.
Quote:4 levels, Outside, Cellar, Machinery, and Hub
I don't know about others, but when i see a screenshot of a cs having this overused setup, i don't play it.
I hope you value my opinion, cause i think you can do way better jap.
(10-02-2013, 08:25 PM)Amn Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4 levels, Outside, Cellar, Machinery, and Hub
I don't know about others, but when i see a screenshot of a cs having this overused setup, i don't play it.
I hope you value my opinion, cause i think you can do way better jap.

He does custom models, so I guess he has a reason to do that joined, maybe it's a special part in the story and not just an apparently cliché story. Because, what if you make these overused rooms and suddenly because reasons you go to a hell made out of completely custom models?