Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Gravity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to see it but i'm held back a bit. I think it's because I rather see it alone than in a crowd of other people, but then i'd miss out on the whole theatre experience.
(10-06-2013, 03:16 PM)Cuyir Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see it but i'm held back a bit. I think it's because I rather see it alone than in a crowd of other people, but then i'd miss out on the whole theatre experience.

What's wrong with seeing it with a crowd of people? Do people at your local theater talk, and laugh all the time during the film, or something?
(10-06-2013, 03:27 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2013, 03:16 PM)Cuyir Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see it but i'm held back a bit. I think it's because I rather see it alone than in a crowd of other people, but then i'd miss out on the whole theatre experience.

What's wrong with seeing it with a crowd of people? Do people at your local theater talk, and laugh all the time during the film, or something?

It just seems like a movie best seen completely alone (or with a small group) than in a big audience. All the rustling around, people moving back and forth, maybe gasping or whatever. Wouldn't be the optimal way to watch it for *me*.

Like, I don't know how people can enjoy playing stealth games or horror games (like Penumbra and such) with a crowd of people watching on. In the case of the stealth games i'd be pressured to do something cool and not just

>fuck up

>reload

>shit

>fuck up

>reload

>shit

In the case of a horror game i'd be broken out of the immersion by the person (s) watching on (and probably telling me to do stuff).
I'm somewhat paranoid of watching a movie on its release date in case #darkknightshooting again.
Gonna see this movie some time this week, I look forward to it.
(10-06-2013, 05:51 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: [ -> ]I'm somewhat paranoid of watching a movie on its release date in case #darkknightshooting again.

LOL#MuricaProblems
Actually #Canada, and there haven't been any theatre shootings recently here, but that just shows how paranoid I am.
Canada is still North America Wink
(10-06-2013, 03:34 PM)Cuyir Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2013, 03:27 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]

It just seems like a movie best seen completely alone (or with a small group) than in a big audience. All the rustling around, people moving back and forth, maybe gasping or whatever. Wouldn't be the optimal way to watch it for *me*.

Like, I don't know how people can enjoy playing stealth games or horror games (like Penumbra and such) with a crowd of people watching on. In the case of the stealth games i'd be pressured to do something cool and not just

>fuck up

>reload

>shit

>fuck up

>reload

>shit

In the case of a horror game i'd be broken out of the immersion by the person (s) watching on (and probably telling me to do stuff).

Cuyir, i feel the same way about everything you said, so you're not alone.
I agree somewhat on the factor of other people in the theatre (trust me I saw it in a packed theatre), but you should definitely see it in the cinema. Don't wait for DVD, this film is meant to be watched on the big screen.
Pages: 1 2 3