Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model has no texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran into a little bit of a trouble here.
I made a model, applied the texture, made a mat but it won't show up in the Model Editor.

What I did:
Spoiler below!

- Added a material in the Material menu
- Added a texture in the Textures menu
- Also added a texture for the previews
- Triangulate it
- Applied Location, Rotation and Scale.
- Did the export with these settings:
- Apply Modifiers
- Selection Only
- Include UV Textures
- Include Material Textures
- Use Object Instances
(those not mentioned are unticked)
- Made a material file with Specular, Normal, and Color

After that, I imported the .dae in the Model Editor and shit's not visible.

EDIT:
Additional info:
Blender version is 2.66.1
Texture resolution is 1024x1024
Material type in the MaterialEditor is SolidDiffuse.
You need to open the dae file in ModelView first. It will create .mat & .msh files for you.
Hey thanks man! Works swell now!
(10-27-2013, 01:54 PM)Vackert Kreatur Wrote: [ -> ]You need to open the dae file in ModelView first. It will create .mat & .msh files for you.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is probably why some of my models will never show up in model editor. I guess I'll have to break the news to Joachim then...
It's not actually needed to open it in ModelView: Creating the .mat file by yourself and then opening it in ModelEditor works well too.
(10-28-2013, 07:45 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]It's not actually needed to open it in ModelView: Creating the .mat file by yourself and then opening it in ModelEditor works well too.

It doesn't in my case.
(10-28-2013, 09:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2013, 07:45 AM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]It's not actually needed to open it in ModelView: Creating the .mat file by yourself and then opening it in ModelEditor works well too.

It doesn't in my case.

Because you did it wrong, I'm sure.

What steps did you follow? The .mat file must have the same name as the diffuse texture.
(10-28-2013, 02:43 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2013, 09:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]

It doesn't in my case.

Because you did it wrong, I'm sure.

What steps did you follow? The .mat file must have the same name as the diffuse texture.

OP has all the answers. And it's already finished I mean it's fixed so no need for another answer.