Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A cookbook of fear - a Halloween video/review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first time I played The Dark Descent, I did not think about the laudanum thing because I thought I just picked up one of the ingredients, noticing it was a health drug later on. It indeed expanded the immersion and universe for me once I found out, haha.

I just watched your video. It was great, and I sort of want even more. xD

I think it is great how you managed to present both games like this. Keep up the good work!
@pluto:
Thank you very much. The vSync is indeed something I gotta work on. Smile

@Damascus Rose:
Well the build-up isn't really bad, don't get me wrong. That text I added in (just keep telling that to yourself...) was there for a reason. In fact I missed the opportunity to put a little "insecurity" in my voice in this part.

@Paddy:
Thank you very much. To be honest I bought this game after I saw a Let's Play (by Cry) of it. So I knew pretty much how it would go down (which didn't really help me I might add). But if I think back and assume someone not even knowing what this game is about and how it works I think this could be where the penny falls. It's a very interesting thing... I mean even if you have monsters in a game and no matter if you might get killed as a consequence of your actions - that's one thing. But surviving an encounter in a way that requires you to restore health... that's something where your mind can go wild already. At least this is how I see it. And I really love it if I manage to spark that "I never saw it like THAT"-feeling Smile
Pages: 1 2