Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Quick way to exit level?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, uh...

I was messing around with the Amnesia map files in the HPL Editor and, because I'm an idiot, I clicked "save changes" when I exited the prison south block map. I don't remember exactly what I did but I browsed around in the actual game and found out that my Hammer and Chipper don't work on the hole under the bed anymore.

Is there a fast and easy way I can force an exit out of this level in to the next (prison north block) when I load a save file by editing the .hps?
(11-22-2013, 04:39 AM)Clockfrog Wrote: [ -> ]So, uh...

I was messing around with the Amnesia map files in the HPL Editor and, because I'm an idiot, I clicked "save changes" when I exited the prison south block map. I don't remember exactly what I did but I browsed around in the actual game and found out that my Hammer and Chipper don't work on the hole under the bed anymore.

Is there a fast and easy way I can force an exit out of this level in to the next (prison north block) when I load a save file by editing the .hps?

void GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, string& asSubTypeName, string& asImageName, float afAmount);

or

void GiveItemFromFile(string& asName, string& asFileName);

I can't recall but if it is destroyed after use, go with GiveItemFromFile, otherwise use GiveItem as it should remain in the inventory after use.
(11-22-2013, 05:10 AM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2013, 04:39 AM)Clockfrog Wrote: [ -> ]So, uh...

void GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, string& asSubTypeName, string& asImageName, float afAmount);
I have the hammer and chipper - I just can't use it on the hole to exit the level (some script related to that hole got messed up in the hpl editor).
Or you could get rid of that small hole that you needed to use in the first place, and just have the big hole there.

I don't know how this will work out for you there, because tinkering with anything in a level can potentially corrupt the original flow of the script causing further problems down the road.
(11-22-2013, 05:51 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could get rid of that small hole that you needed to use in the first place, and just have the big hole there.

I don't know how this will work out for you there, because tinkering with anything in a level can potentially corrupt the original flow of the script causing further problems down the road.
I tried it, doesn't work. I looked at the .hps for prison south block and I think the act of successfully using the hammer and chipper on the hole is necessary to even exit the level.
Well in that case....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l3brat...a/ch02.rar

Replace teh files.
(11-22-2013, 06:25 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]Well in that case....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l3brat...a/ch02.rar

Replace teh files.
Much thanks and +1