Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Window Lightrays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Particles, general lighting and bilboard making things are easy for me now, but in my upcoming custom story for my latest mod, i would like to do realistic lighting for the windows (with good-looking light rays coming from outside). i can create quite good ones, but not all of them looks so realistic, and i can't imagine how can i make them better :/ is there a tutorial for this on this forum, or can anyone give me a quick training in using these effects perfectly? Smile

Yeah,As JAP said,
but what i wanted to say is check one of the Amnesia maps.
Open it in the editor and look how they did it. { that's how we all did and learned proberly "Wink
-
Anyway, open an Amnesia map and look for stuf you like.
Then if you like a part do this :
Click \ select the one(s) you like ->File->export selection-> search YOUR CustomStory folder-> Save file.
HINT: Don't make then as a compound and save... DOESN'T WORK!
-
Then easely open YOUR map, File->Import Objects-> look where you saved the one from the Original game, as i said above, it should be in YOUR cs folder.
Open file and there you go,
Enjoy.
yeah i know how to import and export things in amnesia, i just wanted to make my own not just copy. but i want to finish this cs until next sunday so i guess i'll try the faster way. thanks for answering for both of you Smile