Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Light Source through Wall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem where light sources shine through walls as seen in the example screenshot in the attachments.

I've tried using the "cast shadows" option on both the entity/lightsource and the object it should not shine through.

EDIT: Had to upload the Example Screenshot as i can't upload above 500kb.
This is unavoidable... have you tried putting the PointLights higher? It's what I usually do Smile
The candles are lighting a lot. Try using the lamp called candle_floor_nolight, which has a flame animation but no pointlight attached. Then you can create a pointlight above the candles to light up the place. Otherwise, stacking up candles looks kinda bad imho : >
Point lights shine through walls. What you can do is use a candle with no generated light like daortir said, then use the spotlight and light what u want to light with that, like pointed at the wall behind the candles.
Using the model editor and just removing the point light is also an option, please just don't save over the original file =)
Put it in the CS folder and make sure to add

<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />

to your resources.cfg file
Alrighty guys. Thanks for your help! Appreciate it :]