Frictional Games Forum

Full Version: Pipe clusters not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm attempting to use the tesla_dressing_pipe_clusters_03.DAE static object from Machine for Pigs, but I can't get it to appear properly. When I took a peek at the mesh, it appears to only use two mats: "tesla_dressing_wires_01.mat" and "tesla_dressing_metaldetails_01.mat"

[Image: smuNICo.png]

Even though I've included those both in my custom story's folder (and all associated .dds's) I can't get the pipes to appear properly. The scaffolding around them appears, but the pipes themselves remain invisible. Anyone know anything that can help me out?
Can you possibly zip up the model and the textures and upload them to MediaFire or something else?

Nevermind. d: Guy below me seems to know what he's talking about.
Just easy Damascus.
I had a LOT of problems with the files as well.
Here is what you have to do and is TIMECONSUMING!
-
Open the .dea or .ent of the file you want. (.dea = static , .ent = entities for the ones who don't know.)
See what .mat it is using.
Some entities\statics use more then 1 , some use even more then 5 different .mat files.
After you've seen what the .mat(s) the entitie\static is using.
Open those .mat files with for example Notepad++ and see what they are using trough copy the name of the files missing, -> .jpg .tga .dds
Go to MFP -> search and you will see the file(s).
Copy into your CS\MOD folder.
And keep looking if they miss stuff.
I did it the same way!
As i said, ANNOYIN.. YES!
Keep up the good work man!
Some entities/static_objects/textures from AAMFP are mostly broken. Make a new .mat file and you should be good.
(12-07-2013, 09:15 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: [ -> ]Just easy Damascus.
I had a LOT of problems with the files as well.
Here is what you have to do and is TIMECONSUMING!
-
Open the .dea or .ent of the file you want. (.dea = static , .ent = entities for the ones who don't know.)
See what .mat it is using.
Some entities\statics use more then 1 , some use even more then 5 different .mat files.
After you've seen what the .mat(s) the entitie\static is using.
Open those .mat files with for example Notepad++ and see what they are using trough copy the name of the files missing, -> .jpg .tga .dds
Go to MFP -> search and you will see the file(s).
Copy into your CS\MOD folder.
And keep looking if they miss stuff.
I did it the same way!
As i said, ANNOYIN.. YES!
Keep up the good work man!

Ah that helped me find the problem! I was missing a CubeMap .dds file for one of the .mats. Thank you a bunch!