Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Need help getting a basic Custom Story to show up in Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone again. I have another problem >.<
I've looked around quite a bit to try and figure it out but I can't seem to find the problem. I'm trying to run a custom story but It won't show up when I open Amnesia. So far I have just the bare bones that everyone says a custom story needs to run.
It looks like this.

redist ->
custom_stories ->
ExampleStory ->
extra_english.lang
custom_story_settings.cfg
maps ->
00_example.hps
00_example.map

extra_english.lang:
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">This is an example story. </Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

custom_story_settings.cfg:
<Main
Name = "Our Example Story"
Author = "Bacon"

MapsFolder = "map/"
StartMap = "00_example.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

00_example.hps:
void OnStart()
{
}

The map file consists of a single room with walls, a floor, and a area of the type "playerstart" named "PlayerStartArea_1"

I know it's a bit much to ask for but if anyone could figure out what's not working I would greatly appreciate it.
-DeadBacon
Your folder is called maps, but you refer to it as "map/" in the custom_story_settings.cfg
It should be "maps/"
(12-12-2013, 04:07 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: [ -> ]Your folder is called maps, but you refer to it as "map/" in the custom_story_settings.cfg
It should be "maps/"

Fixed the maps reference issue and it still won't show up.
In the .hps you should have all of these:

void OnStart()
{

}

void OnEnter()
{

}

void OnLeave()
{

}

Make sure all names are correct. It is possible you have missed a letter.

If not, please send your cs and I'll take a look at it
Not sure this is a necessity, but you might solve the problem by adding an extra line in the custom_story_settings.cfg.

<Main
Author = "Bacon"
ImgFile=""

MapsFolder = "map/"
/>
(12-12-2013, 05:19 PM)Wapez Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure this is a necessity, but you might solve the problem by adding an extra line in the custom_story_settings.cfg.

<Main
Author = "Bacon"
ImgFile=""

MapsFolder = "map/"
/>

Added the line you suggested and still no luck.
Could it be the .map file?
(12-12-2013, 05:27 PM)DeadBacon Wrote: [ -> ]Added the line you suggested and still no luck.
Could it be the .map file?

Most likely not. Map files are always valid for loading, but might instead provide crashes. This is a script problem.
I assume you tried to change your profile ? 50% of the time when I run amnesia, my CS won't show up. Then i just reload the profile and yay, it's there. I have no idea why but it works, lawl.

I know it sounds foolish but you might wanna give it a try if you didn't, there's nothing to loose : >
It could be the .map file if you don't have a PlayerStartArea_1 in your map.
I think if there's no playerstartarea the game still runs, you just start at 0,0,0 or something ^^ I remember failing that in the very first level I did, when I fell in the darkness I was like "wtf did i forget to do D:"
Pages: 1 2