Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Daylight shining down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember the Sewer and how there were a lot of holes in the ceilings and these holes were bright, giving off the appearance that daylight was directly above you?

I looked in the sewer map and I can't figure out how they did this. I did see a couple of bright halo-like spheres though but I couldn't click on them.
They used round billboards (or circle light rays in the billboards) to emulate that.
I'm fairly sure billboards are clickable. The lights in FG's sewer aren't.

Anyways I tried billboards on mine and it looks ridiculous in-game (main problem being that default sky blackground is black):

*Note: skybox was not active in FG's sewer.

[Image: v1mi.png]
I opened the sewer.map, and this is sooo weird indeed !
Unclickable billboards !

Anyway, those are basically billboards with poitlights around them, and most importantly fog areas. Since there's no ceiling, all you see from the ground is a foggy ceiling with enlightened areas. You should be able to do this using billboards, and pointlights exactly as they did, right ?
Guys. Aren't they unclickable because you're not seeing the whole map. There is a + and a - button in the bottom of the editor. Try clicking around, see if it works. What I see on Chrono's picture is definitely billboards.
I do see the whole map, I think. And they are still unclickable ^^.

You should give it a try, I might be doing something wrong ><
(12-16-2013, 11:17 AM)FlawlessHair Wrote: [ -> ]Guys. Aren't they unclickable because you're not seeing the whole map. There is a + and a - button in the bottom of the editor. Try clicking around, see if it works. What I see on Chrono's picture is definitely billboards.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is correct. Change the clip planes if you have to, then leave the box as 0 (or [ ] as seen in the editor). You should be able to see the clickable pin's which classify them as a billboard now.
upsie, you're right : D
I somehow managed to make them clickable.
Though could you explain me what "clip planes" is, exactly ? I didn't understand what I did : <
I actually don't know. I've never had to use the feature.. Tongue
When you have a big map, you can "disable" parts of it, to make the editor run more smoothly.
That's what i think.
Pages: 1 2