Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Potential Different Mavericks Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am currently running Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks on my computer, but my issue when loading ATDD does not stem from the "Could not load main init file: config/main_init.cfg" error that a lot of people have been getting. My error stems from the game quitting unexpectedly after a few seconds of opening the game after the initial displays setup screen that asks you for your texture quality and overall graphics performance options in the game itself.

I also can't seem to navigate to the "library" extension through finder to locate the HPL.log that is needed to fix this problem, but I can certainly give you the other information on my computer.

1. OS 10.9, 64 bit
2. Macbook Pro laptop
3. ???

Thanks in advance!
Which specific MacBook Pro is the one you are using? Go to About This Mac > More Info > System Report. The screen you'll be on should be Hardware Overview. Tell us what your Model Identifier is, mine is MacBookPro4,1.

I ask because if it's one of the newer 2013 (maybe 2012, can't remember) then it's possible you're using one that's equipped with Intel Iris graphics which might be problematic with the game, even though I know the game operates on the Intel HD line. It could also be one that has that dual setup, one with a Integrated chipset and a dedicated graphics card. If it is then Google how to choose which GPU it's using and make sure you are using the Nvidia chip over the Integrated one.
(12-18-2013, 01:10 AM)Tanner1294 Wrote: [ -> ]Which specific MacBook Pro is the one you are using? Go to About This Mac > More Info > System Report. The screen you'll be on should be Hardware Overview. Tell us what your Model Identifier is, mine is MacBookPro4,1.

I ask because if it's one of the newer 2013 (maybe 2012, can't remember) then it's possible you're using one that's equipped with Intel Iris graphics which might be problematic with the game, even though I know the game operates on the Intel HD line. It could also be one that has that dual setup, one with a Integrated chipset and a dedicated graphics card. If it is then Google how to choose which GPU it's using and make sure you are using the Nvidia chip over the Integrated one.

Macbook Pro 9,1 Intel core i7