Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Would you want christmas two times a year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would you want christmas two times a year? I wouldn't. One time is enough.
Nope. I only need to see my underage cousins drink and smoke once a year Tongue

Seriously though, not really. I'm more into things happening once a year are much more special. I don't give nor receive many gifts at Christmas, and I do enjoy getting to see some people I haven't in a while, yet I feel that I have no need to engage in social interaction more than I have to.

Let alone, my finance is terrible. Not my family's, just mine Tongue I may be getting my fair share, I am lucky if I can go long without spending it.
It almost does, it's only a week off. XD
i love christmas but no, it wouldnt be so special if it was more than once in a year, would it?
I think one time is enough Smile
That's what I'm having. Catholic Christmas in December and then Orthodox Christmas in January.
UndecidedHuhI'm an athiest, should I even be celebrating Christmas once? o.0
(12-23-2013, 04:04 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]UndecidedHuhI'm an athiest, should I even be celebrating Christmas once? o.0

I seriously doubt what people care about in Christmas is based mostly around religion nowadays.
(12-23-2013, 04:21 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously doubt what people care about in Christmas is based mostly around religion nowadays.

well as a religious person, i can confirm that (atleast in my country) we dont go yelling out "OMG YAY JESUS! WOOOOOOOOW JESUS!" While going to the midnight church is definetly a thing and preparing a christmas tree. The excitement mainly revolves around fancy light decorations, everyone being home (family together) and that positive vibe in general.

And honestly, i dont think one has to be religious to enjoy christmas. Even though its main thing is Jesus being born and all, you can still get together with your family or friends and have a comfy time Big Grin

No reason to play mr. grumpy and be like "omg i hate christmas because it has Christ in it" just chillllllllllll and have a good time Smile
(12-23-2013, 04:28 PM)Dogfood Wrote: [ -> ]well as a religious person, i can confirm that (atleast in my country) we dont go yelling out "OMG YAY JESUS! WOOOOOOOOW JESUS!" While going to the midnight church is definetly a thing and preparing a christmas tree. The excitement mainly revolves around fancy light decorations, everyone being home (family together) and that positive vibe in general.

And honestly, i dont think one has to be religious to enjoy christmas. Even though its main thing is Jesus being born and all, you can still get together with your family or friends and have a comfy time Big Grin

No reason to play mr. grumpy and be like "omg i hate christmas because it has Christ in it" just chillllllllllll and have a good time Smile

Exactly Wink
Pages: 1 2 3