Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Player Collapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On average, where should I script the player to look at if I want to make it seem as if he's collapsed?
From exhaustion; either falling back or falling to the ground. Respectively, the camera would face upward or downward. It really depends on which way the character falls. If however, he or she falls to the side, the character would face forward with her head on the side. Collapsing on the side is notably more dangerous and can cause head injury, either to the skull, brain, chin or cheekbone.

Waking up from any collapse may also result in heavy dizziness and fatigue Smile
(12-24-2013, 07:47 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]If however, he or she falls to the side, the character would face forward with her head on the side.
This is the one I want. Would I force the character to look at an area script in front of them and as low as their feet (i.e. at ground level)? I want to simulate sort of the very beginning of A:TDD in the rainy hall.
Functions that you need:
Spoiler below!

PHP Code:
StartPlayerLookAt("EntityToLookAt"0.67f1.32f"");
StopPlayerLookAt(); 
Function to make the player to look at something.

PHP Code:
MovePlayerHeadPos(float afXfloat afYfloat afZfloat afSpeedfloat afSlowDownDist); 
Function to make the player to move their head vertically.

Not a complete script. Just the functions you need.
I usually have the player focus either straight along the ground, or if they're slightly on their back I'll have them focus on an object on a low table or something.

All else fails, just have them focus on a ScriptArea, and you can move it around until you find something that works.
Creating an area would be the best idea, in my opinion. Just so you know exactly where the player looks.

I'd crouch the player, to have him at ground level.
Then look at the area, but tilt the head of the player about 90 degrees, so that it feels like he's lying down.