Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Music problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I'm in a level it plays it's music but when I go in a different level which I want it not have music in it! it still plays the music that as played in the other level how can I stop this? i tried doing stopmusic but it just stops the music even in the other level!

my hps file

void OnStart()
{
PlayMusic("02_amb_safe.ogg", true, 1, 4, 1, true);
StopMusic(4, 1);
AddUseItemCallback("", "StorageKey", "StorageDoor", "UseStorageKeyOnDoor", true);
}

void UseStorageKeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetLevelDoorLocked("StorageDoor", false);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door.ogg", asEntity, 0, false);
RemoveItem(asItem);
}
(01-07-2014, 05:42 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: [ -> ]When I'm in a level it plays it's music but when I go in a different level which I want it not have music in it! it still plays the music that as played in the other level how can I stop this? i tried doing stopmusic but it just stops the music even in the other level!

my hps file

void OnStart()
{
StopMusic(4, 1);
AddUseItemCallback("", "StorageKey", "StorageDoor", "UseStorageKeyOnDoor", true);
}

{
RemoveItem(asItem);
}

try to put StopMusic() in OnLeave, so that it stops the music, when you leave the map
(01-07-2014, 07:46 PM)Lizard Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2014, 05:42 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: [ -> ]When I'm in a level it plays it's music but when I go in a different level which I want it not have music in it! it still plays the music that as played in the other level how can I stop this? i tried doing stopmusic but it just stops the music even in the other level!

my hps file

void OnStart()
{
StopMusic(4, 1);
}

{
RemoveItem(asItem);
}

try to put StopMusic() in OnLeave, so that it stops the music, when you leave the map

I did like this

void OnStart()
{
}

{
RemoveItem(asItem);
}

void OnLeave()
{
StopMusic(4, 0);
}

but it still plays the music in an other level SadHuhUndecided
in StopMusic try make the 0 a 1 so that it has the same priority, if that dosen't work try to set the last true in PlayMusic to false
(01-07-2014, 07:57 PM)Lizard Wrote: [ -> ]in StopMusic try make the 0 a 1 so that it has the same priority, if that dosen't work try to set the last true in PlayMusic to false

yes it worked, you are amazing thank you so much Big Grin but after I exit the level then the music won't come back
Put it on void OnEnter instead then.
(01-07-2014, 09:23 PM)Neelke Wrote: [ -> ]Put it on void OnEnter instead then.

but then it will play in other levels too
(01-07-2014, 09:33 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: [ -> ]

Edit: Ha! Didn't read thread before posting. Ignore.
(01-07-2014, 09:33 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: [ -> ]

If you use PlayMusic in OnEnter() and Stop Music in OnLeave()

The music will start playing everytime you enter that certain map/level and stop everytime you leave that certain map/level