Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What is Amnesia: The Dark Descent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(08-02-2010, 09:17 PM)DraGGon2k Wrote: [ -> ]While I still have Requiem to play, I can't wait for your next game(I know of course that the series aren't connected), it's just something different from your 0815 games and that is awesome. Plus this is probably the scariest game series I've ever played.

I completely agree. I never thought anything could top Silent 1 - 3 for scaring the crap out of me but Penumbra did it. Its amazing and i haven't even finished the first game yet.
If Konami were smart they'd hire Frictional to produce the Silent Hill series.
Will Amnesia be a series like Penumbra(meaning multiple games/episodes)?

Nevermind, once again I should've looked before posting, but somehow I can't delete my post either
Just for other people as an answer:

No, Amnesia will be one game long.
I have another question:
Will Amnesia support 5.1 surround sound, meaning you hear the voices/effects/whatever from the corresponding direction, even on Linux? :-)

Thanks,
Zak
(08-11-2010, 06:35 PM)zak Wrote: [ -> ]I have another question:
Will Amnesia support 5.1 surround sound, meaning you hear the voices/effects/whatever from the corresponding direction, even on Linux? :-)

Thanks,
Zak

This is a question I had as well. I really hope it does.
Didn't Penumbra have 5.1 surround sound if you enabled the Hardware Sound setting? I think so, and then it's likely Amnesia will have it too since it's using a new version of the same game engine.
(08-12-2010, 02:04 PM)nofsky Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't Penumbra have 5.1 surround sound if you enabled the Hardware Sound setting?

I was thinking the same, since I do remember someone asked about the 5.1 support for Penumbra: Overture and I think the answer was positive.
I want to see this in Amnesia.

[Image: pussyweapon.jpg]

There of course should be no ammunition for it.
(08-13-2010, 11:14 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see this in Amnesia.

[hide][Image: pussyweapon.jpg][/hide]

There of course should be no ammunition for it.

No, this:

[Image: p2gZ6.jpg]
...and then:

[Image: nuclear-explosion.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15