Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Diary Note won't work after pickup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before!! the note used to work with the narration, but when I decided to add some music to the note, it's not working! did I do something wrong? 

<Entry Name="Note_Theworstdayever_Text">[voices Voice1.ogg][22_paper_daniel01.ogg][br]hello dear[br] [br] today I made a new thread on fricitonal games forum on an error of why the note is not working.</Entry>
Have you forgotten the </Entry> at the end?
(01-19-2014, 12:51 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]Have you forgotten the </Entry> at the end?
no, I just copied that part of text only but not all of it but it's there in my extra_english.lang
You cannot apply narration or music to notes. However, you can add music/narration IF it was a diary.
(01-19-2014, 01:24 PM)LazyHarry Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot apply narration or music to notes. However, you can add music/narration IF it was a diary.
I can't find a note called diary! what do i do?
You look in entity/items again : >.
diary_paper01 is what you are looking for!
(01-19-2014, 02:15 PM)daortir Wrote: [ -> ]You look in entity/items again : >.
ok, now when i go in entity I can't find narration but there is a Diarycallback what do i write there or what do I do?

(01-19-2014, 02:15 PM)daortir Wrote: [ -> ]You look in entity/items again : >.
daortir the diary paper keeps closing whenever I pick it up, here is my lang file, do you see any things I did wrong, because I see nothing wrong! http://pastebin.com/QGXCSDqn
I am trying to make a Diary paper with narration and music to work but it doesn't work, every time I click on the diary note, it keeps closing! I've seen every tutorial but it still wouldn't solve the problem!

here is the lang file is there something wrong I did for it not to work?

<CATEGORY Name="Diaries">
<Entry Name="Diary_hello">hello</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_hello_Text">[voices Voice1.ogg][br]meow</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
Ill check asap.
i think it also has something to do with a 1 behint them.
check soon, im on a tab atm.
them i mean behind hello and text.
Where's the audio file located?
Pages: 1 2