Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Fountain glitch/bug??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey all!

This could include spoilers so beware!!

Did anyone else notice that when you reach the Back Hall and finish the Storage room, a red (child's?) corpse appear on top of the legs in the fountain?
The weird thing is, I was staring at it for a while and as soon as I looked away for a sec and looked back, the corpse disappeared!

Did this happen to anyone else here? Is it a bug in the game or is this done on purpose to play with your mind?
Mhm, that's strange cause i've only seen corpses of adults in the game. Is there any chance that you could load an earlier savepoint and take a screenshot of it? Maybe you revealed something never seen before.
Doubt this, seeing as there are no children models or entities in the ATDD assets.

Makes me think of finding Luigi in Super Mario 64.
It's not strange. I've seen it often before Wink
It's a little something to create a scary atmosphere in a room that seems safe.

Yes, he disappears again. Makes it even more scary doesn't it? Scripting is clever.

It's not a child's model, but the naked male's model. I guess it's been scaled down a little bit.
Ahh, that makes sense. I'l have to look at the level now :3
Sorry I was mistaking it for a child, I guess the proportion of the legs of the fountain were a bit too big next to the corpse.

Found a screenshot of it on the web (see below)
So this corpse actually disappears for me as soon as you look away and look back. I'm not sure if this only happens if you finish the Storage room first before the other rooms.

Anyone else except FlawlessHair has this happened to him/her?
That's not a bug, it's a scare effect to make you insane. When you play the game with eyes, you will see a lot of more changing stuff.
(02-04-2014, 05:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a bug, it's a scare effect to make you insane. When you play the game with eyes, you will see a lot of more changing stuff.

And when you play without eyes you won't see anything.

Revealing Lazzer strikes again!
(02-04-2014, 05:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a bug, it's a scare effect to make you insane. When you play the game with eyes, you will see a lot of more changing stuff.

And all this time I've been wondering why I'm playing this game blindfolded...

Good to hear it's not a bug Smile Some very nice scripting right there, I was even doubting myself when it disappeared lol

So far I'm enjoying the crap out of this game (not the one that's in my pants though...)
That's the goal of the corpse. That you ask yourself what's going wrong there! Yes, it's nice scripting all over it.
Pages: 1 2 3