Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Obscuro: The Great Engines[CANCELLED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It depends on you, do you have the motivation and passion to do it? If not, don't bother, no one is forcing you here.
However if you do have both, don't stop thinking
things like these, just keep calm and carry on.
Thinking negatively just slows you down.
i decided to cancel this, learning how to map and script is better than releasing a cs with bad mapping Tongue
Why are so many peoole cancelling their Projects?

Even if its your decision what you want to do, you Can always try :/
The longer you map and Script, the better you get.

Im not the best too, but i dont think i will cancel my project.

But well your cs, your decision.

I wish you good luck at learning =D
The reason people cancel their mod is most commonly due to lack of motivation. If you spend a lot of time and effort on something and receive nearly any support and/or compliments on the work, you get disappointed and unmotivated.
That's weird. Anyway I think it's a good idea to learn mapping and scripting before you release something. About people cancelling their mods, I think it's pretty sad that people actually need support to finish something. It's like saying that mods are made to get attention. I don't know, I feel like they are more some sort of gift to everyone, that some people will call shit and other people will enjoy, so you just got to make it and see what happens :B.

Just some thoughts, please don't hurt me :V
People will also cancel their projects when the feedback they receive is really harsh. I'm not pointing fingers, or saying that everybody's being mean, but there are sometimes when people are very blatant about pointing out problems with someone's custom story or project and they don't really beat around the bush about it....

It isn't sad that some people might need support to finish something, because it means that there are people out there who want them to finish it. It gives the author a sense of reason for why they're doing what they're doing. You might not need support to finish writing that book, but some people need the extra push to remind them that they are finishing a book that people will actually read and love.
well, i planned to create another custum story for soma. If i ever wanted to continue this project again, ill update this thread and i did not cancel this because of your opinions, i am still doing mapping and scripting in my own cs
Try making a cs yourself. If you have not yet tried it you have no idea what you're talking about.
Making a cs can be really difficult...
@HannahDJA => I think receiving harsh feedback is part of the creative world, sadly. Same thing in art studies, you're gonna get shit on by people who are better than you. Then either you stop everything and you cry in a corner, or you try to see what is useful in their toxic opinions, and you work on improving yourself.

Those are two approaches, I think everyone should try to be as nice as possible when giving feedback, but I think criticism comes first. Sometimes there's just no nice way to tell someone what his mistakes are, no matter how hard you try.

Aaaand, if as you say, there's no one that want someone to finish a project, it probably means that it doesn't interest many people because it's just not, uh... good u_u. When someone makes a modDB mage for a jumpscare story with bad mapping, I doubt anyone is going to be excited for it. So, yeah, if no one likes a project then the best thing to do is probably to change what you are doing, or cancel it and start something better.

@Solarflaire => Who was that adressed to x) ?
Did you talk about me?

You know what? Fuck this, ill continue with this cs and not with my minecraft mod

Because i hate the minecraft forums!

(03-10-2014, 08:55 AM)Solarflaire Wrote: [ -> ]Try making a cs yourself. If you have not yet tried it you have no idea what you're talking about.
Making a cs can be really difficult...

You don't even know what you are even talking about

I actually cancel it because i got bored and it just looked shit.

But now ill continue with this, and will change the thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9