Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: My new telescope!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, today I got a heavy big packet: A dobsonian telescope!

[Image: w9uf6rb2.jpg]

[Image: 3ke795t2.jpg]

I'm now at the moment to mount and adjust this thing. And when I'm ready I will make some pictures about deep sky objects.

I got eyepieces of the type TeleVue Ethos, which are actually the best out there.

The sky in my location (western germany) is not the best, but some objects like the moon, planets, galaxies and some nebulas should be very good visible. The problem is to transport the thing out of my cellar.Big Grin

Does someone else here have a telescope or is interested to buy one?
I guess that cost millions.
Nur um die anderen hier mal zu ärgen red ich mal deutsch :3
Diesen Satz wird keiner verstehen außer du. Schönes Teleskop.

Ehem.. I mean, thats a very nice telescope you have there. Im obviously not speaking german above. Nope im not >:
How much did you pay for this?
Ooooh, looks nice. I love stargazing, so I guess I would like watching with a telescope... *-*
WOW! I always wanted a telescope, but a) it is expensive and b) I live in a city and city lights pretty much ruin the experience.

Can't wait to see your pictures (if you decide to share them of course).
It is a 12-inch GSO dobsonian telescope 980 deluxe. Most people think it must be really expensive, but it is not. I got it for 750 €. Good dobsonian telescopes already costs above 400 €.

But the accessoires are expensive, when you want good quality. For the 4,7mm Ethos eyepiece I paid 550 € and for the 13mm Ethos 559 €. That makes a total price of 1.871 €.

Normally I need a third eyepiece for the overview, but I will buy it later. And I also need an UHC-Filter for better nebulas (this also helps when you live in a city). With all parts my telescope would cost even thousand euros more. But then I have a really good telescope with the ultimative best eyepieces!

When you buy a 10-inch telescope with TeleVue Nagler eyepieces (instead of Ethos), then you can safe a lot of money without drop the quality too much. Nagler eyepieces are the predecessor of Ethos and costs only the half money. But they are both the sharpest eyepieces out there. Nagler already is high-end.
Wow, i've always wanted to have a telescope like that.. Unfortunately my other hobby is eating away all my money (guitars!)
Waw. Can you record? Aim for jupiter!
Ive never seen one that big. Its so pretty. Look for em aliens. I was looking for one too buy at some point. how much?
750 euro prolly about.. 1000 $

It's actually 1027.42 exactly
Pages: 1 2