Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [solved] Black map :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded requiem and reinstalled black plague and requiem on my PC (with a gforce 7950 GX2) and on my laptop (with a gforce 8600 GT), and on both systems I can see the menu and text etc. but the map isn't rendered at all. I see the noise, or black if I lower the gfx settings, I see the eye coming up when rotating around, but I don't see an actual "world"... ever... :/
I'm using Archlinux (x86_64)
Could it be a 64 bit issue?
Driver version: 177.80 on both laptop and PC
When I start blackplague I get the error that I don't have enough texture units :/
It did work on my PC some time ago though... on arch64

EDIT:
just figured, the hpl.log might be useful:
http://rear.endoftheinternet.org/~blub/hpl.log

EDIT:
When I also change the shader quality to very low... I see the map fullbright, with about 3fps :/

EDIT:
Okay now I have copied new CG libraries, now I do see the map with any gfx settings
but I still have ~3fps (with *any* gfx settings, lowest to highest)... what can I do? I updated the hpl.log file in the link now
First make sure your nvidia drivers are configured correctly

Code:
glxinfo | grep -i direct
And make sure it is reporting "Yes". If it reports "No", then please attach the full output of
Code:
glxinfo

Make sure you installed the 32-bit compatibility libraries for the nvidia drivers!!

Next check to make sure that Penumbra is finding the correct OpenGL library.

Code:
ldd ./requiem.bin | grep libGL.so.1
ldd /usr/bin/glxinfo | grep libGL.so.1
The path for libGL.so.1 should be the same path. (well except you are on 64bit linux so, one would be in a lib64 dir and the other in a lib dir)
Urkle Wrote:First make sure your nvidia drivers are configured correctly

Code:
glxinfo | grep -i direct
And make sure it is reporting "Yes". If it reports "No", then please attach the full output of
Code:
glxinfo
It sure says yes, and other games work fine...

Urkle Wrote:Make sure you installed the 32-bit compatibility libraries for the nvidia drivers!!
I just tested it with the 180.08 beta drivers, and made sure I said "[Yes]" when it asked about installing the 32 bit compatiblity libraries - and if I didn't have those, it shouldn't work at all anyway... or is there a software-renderer? Would be a surprise, although I would expect it to work much better on a Core2Duo E6600 - considering UT99's software rendering worked perfectly fine on that old hardware we had back then Tongue

Urkle Wrote:Next check to make sure that Penumbra is finding the correct OpenGL library.

Code:
ldd ./requiem.bin | grep libGL.so.1
ldd /usr/bin/glxinfo | grep libGL.so.1
The path for libGL.so.1 should be the same path. (well except you are on 64bit linux so, one would be in a lib64 dir and the other in a lib dir)
I do have all the necessary 32 bit libs installled in /opt/lib32
And for some reason `ldd` tells me that requiem.bin is not a dynamic executable.. which is odd... (yes, I used it on the .bin, not on the shell script...)

Meh... I'll make a 32 bit chroot now ... if it doesn't work then, it's most likely the driver which would suck :/

I also tried it on my brother's PC, he's using gentoo...
and O wonder... it works... (gentoo uses multilib... so I hope it's really a library problem...)
Okay sorry, it seems like it was my own stupidity.
I did have 32 bit GL libraries installed, however, it was the wrong package...
for some reason the 32 bit libs the nvidia-installer installed weren't used, I found out that I had lib32-libgl installed, but I needed lib32-nvidia-utils...

It works now Smile