Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crash in game, when brute enables.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you know the solution for following:

Expection Reason
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module
Amnesia.exe at 0023:0051DC3F

Stack Trace
0023:0051DC3F Amnesia.exe
0023:7270270CWINMM.DLL,timeGetTime()+044byte(s)

I have a script that enables a brute by timer. Nothing more complicated.
Post your hpl.log file in Documents\Amnesia.
This is happening to me too,whenever the brute gets spawned it crashes my game, even in a custom story when a brute spawns. it gets me the same error as Red
But without the hpl.log I can't tell why. Perhaps something in the beta patch broke it, if you're both using it.
(02-21-2014, 11:40 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]But without the hpl.log I can't tell why. Perhaps something in the beta patch broke it, if you're both using it.

Thinking the same, before the patch this worked flawlessly.
THAT explains a lot !!!
When I go to the Morgue on the original Amnesia game, the game crashes when the brute spawns !
Just remembered that, I kind of thought it was a bug only I had, but it crashed when the brute appeared, that's it !
(02-21-2014, 11:47 PM)daortir Wrote: [ -> ]THAT explains a lot !!!
When I go to the Morgue on the original Amnesia game, the game crashes when the brute spawns !
Just remembered that, I kind of thought it was a bug only I had, but it crashed when the brute appeared, that's it !

Brute, you're drunk, go home. We need to get a fix to this and fast.
reinstall without the beta patch?

I'm not using it till they release it problem free. Saves me trouble.
I had the same problem. I reinstalled the game and it worked fine Wink
(02-21-2014, 11:47 PM)daortir Wrote: [ -> ]THAT explains a lot !!!
It's the ultimate jump scare ability the brutes get on the update. (?)
Pages: 1 2