Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to remove siren sound from enemy's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to remove the sound that plays when the monster is chasing you! the annoying siren sound!

How do I get rid of it? But I want to make copy's of the monster of course, but In the grunt folders, I can't find the sound which plays when they are chasing you, so i don't know what to do!

Is it even possible to remove that sound, but without removing it from the original game?
I'm pretty sure if you open the monster in the model editor there is a place called "Danger sound" or something like that, which is set to be the siren. Just remove it from there..
You have to make your own NEW enemy.
Do that in your Modeleditor.
Open the grunt and go to his specifications.
And remove the CHASE SOUND.
What i did is just create an empty silent music file and added that there.
That''s all what you have to do.
Be aware you must install\save the grunt into YOUR MOD!
I am in the model editor, now where do I go to edit the sounds?
Open the grunt and go to Edit > User Defined Variables. Find the right file (I think it's called "terror" something .ogg) and remove it. Save the entity as a new grunt in the same location, but copy the new .ent file to your custom story directory as well.
I think he means the terror meter.
It's in sounds/ui/ui_terror_meter.ogg

edit: Oh, only for the grunt, yep, edit the entity.
I am pretty sure the terror meter is hardcoded in the game, and you can't remove it without doing a Full Conversion.
You could however replace terror_meter.ogg with a silent sound file though. If it's for a CS, it must be a Full Conversion, but if it's just for your benefit, then yeah, just replace the one you have in your sounds.
(03-05-2014, 06:56 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]You could however replace terror_meter.ogg with a silent sound file though. If it's for a CS, it must be a Full Conversion, but if it's just for your benefit, then yeah, just replace the one you have in your sounds.

That's what i said tho..
Quote:What i did is just create an empty silent music file and added that there.
I didn't think you could change terror_meter in the User Defined Variables.. I'll take a better look in a sec.

Edit: You can't remove the terror_meter. There is other music though such as the search, attack and hunt, which you would remove also if you wish. In a way, we were both correct Tongue
Pages: 1 2