Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: editor crashing when converting compounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my hpl2 level editor (windows) has been crashing whenever i try to convert a large enough compound back into its component static objects, planes, entities, areas, etc. any advice?

i'm on windows 8.1 with an i5, btw. not that that really matters.

thanks!
Post your .hpl log. You can find it I think in your Documents\Amnesia\Main\hpl.txt
PS: The editors' logs are in Documents\HPL2 instead of \Amnesia
I think because it is
1: too big ( editor just crashes )
2: You might miss textures of the stuff you want to import
3: are those NEW entities ( MFP ) then you need the patch for them to work.

Hope 1 of these is the problem, so we can help you further.
Well, I think it's because the compound is just too big. Idk what to do here, because the .map file is saved with the large compound, so in order for me to continue I would have to convert it back to its components. Since I can't do that, then I guess I'm boned. Do I have to remake the entire thing?
Hi there,

I got once the same problem and my solution was just to open the map file like a hps file. Then search for the word "compound" and you should find something like this:

Code:
<Compound Active="true" Group="0" ID="322" Name="Compound_1" Rotation="0 0 0" Scale="1 1 1" Tag="" WorldPos="4.625 72.125 -1.375">
                    <Component ID="69" />
                    <Component ID="68" />
                    <Component ID="70" />
                    <Component ID="58" />
                    <Component ID="63" />
                    <Component ID="71" />
                    <Component ID="59" />
                    <Component ID="60" />
                    <Component ID="66" />
                    <Component ID="64" />
                    <Component ID="53" />
     </Compound>

Just delete this whole thing and save it, but you should make a copy of your map file first.