Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to make a door break by throwing a rock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys this is probably an easy scripting OR NOT

But I want the player to find a locked door and when he grabs a Entities/Debris/Rock Medium. He throws it at the locked door and the door smashes and breaks down, breaks open, how do I do that? pls? help me.
The most simple is adding an area in front of the door. Then throw for example a rock towards the area and brake the door. There is another way but that has to do with the prop mass and speed.

And please, sometimes just check through all the scripts available. Then you perhaps don't have to ask the forum all the time.
but what do I call the area, what's the script's name? should I script the rock.

Now I'm really pro at scripting just to let you know, but today i'm having a really hard day since I came from school right now and I really don't want to work and I've got a splitting headache which is driving me nuts, and I don't think my brain wants to work today anymore but I have toConfused, just help me out a little, whats's the scripts name and stuff pls? Undecided
Seeing as whatever you're working on right now is composed of 80 % other peoples scripts I wouldn't say you're pro, dear sir.

Whilst asking for help is plenty of alright I'm seing you post tons of threads every single day asking for help, I highly doubt you're actually trying.
I am but sometimes I don't know the script's name and you don't have to be so mean pls, and I am pro at scripting, not that much but I am good at it.

but I need some help sometimes pls, I know I have to make the area near the door but what I want to know is the script name to make the rock break a door pls, just the name. that' all, I'm not forcing someone to make hard work, we're friends here in the forum right? we help each other Smile
It's just a simple collide callback

Code:
AddEntityCollideCallback("NAMEOFOBJECT", "NAMEOFDOOR", "FUNCTION", true, 1);

void FUNCTION(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
     SetPropHealth("NAMEOFDOOR", 0);
     GiveSanityBoostSmall();
     PlayMusic("10_puzzle02.ogg", false, 0.7, 0.1, 10, false);
}
Quote:just help me out a little, whats's the scripts name and stuff pls?
Getting a little bit tired of this guy.
EVERY DAY several posts about if we can give you some scripts...
it does NOT really work like that...
you need to LEARN and read and make 1000 of mistakes! ( like all \ a lot* of us )
The only thing you do in my opiinion is you want something to work -> LETS ask the forum!!!?
---
Please man learn a little bit yourself.
Offcourse we are here to HELP, NOT to give away everything.
We are here to learn people about this amazing engine.
Please do more yourself, try try and try.
Don't tell us you try everything yourself, because every day there are like ...3 \4\5 treadh about what to do where.

Again, we are here to help.
be free to ask questions but... try them yourself harder ( check the amnesia scripts for example + have the wiki in your favorites! )
---
Quote:and I am pro at scripting, not that much but I am good at it.
You are a pro...?
-**""""How to make a door break by throwing a rock""""""**- <-- This is almost the most basic script to use.. Like key to door ( offcourse a bit different )
Even I am not a pro and i am "okay" with scripting after 2 years + and 5 mods { 2 FC }
Don't tell these things, you make fin of yourself.
I'm sorry bro Undecided I know how it feels to have a guy who keeps doing the same thing, but where can i ind the wiki? what's the name of the wiki pls, i promise I'll try harder and from now on, I'll stop making threads everyday and I will learn more intro scripting I promise pls don't hate on me and I take everything seriously since I'm sensitive so pls don't hate on me :'( I think you want me to leave the forum forever don't ya? Sad
Who said that? I really think no one hates you or wants you to leave.
No one can be good at everything. Always remember: we are here to help. Just not everytime.

Maybe you can find something useful here:
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=we...IJv_6jQN7w
Dude, you can find lots of tutorials on youtube, people won't do scripting for you forever, and no, you're not pro. You're not a pro even sometimes, there is only a few people here who I think are really good. You don't understand any of the simple functions.

EDIT:

Oh, and yes. Where you can find wiki if you don't know?

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=frictional+games+wiki
Pages: 1 2