Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Saved map does not reflect changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I edited my user_settings.cfg to automatically load me into a copied 00_rainy_hall.map inside the maps directory of my custom_story. I'm using this map as a sort of sandbox to become better at using the level editor.

The problem is that when I save my map and load it, changes are not reflected. For instance, I am deleting the table, candle, and pot in the starting area. I save the map, load it, and they are still there. Am I doing something wrong in just deleting them? I also deleted my map_cache before loading.
Well you're probably opening the original 00_rainy_hall map rather than your copied one.
Yeah, you should rename it or it might just load the one you actually copied.
You guys were right; it's loading the default map. I renamed my test map but now I am receiving:

Code:
FATAL ERROR
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories/Test Story/maps/main/ch01/00_test_rainy_hall.map'

My user_settings.cfg has:

Code:
<Map File="00_test_rainy_hall.map" Folder="custom_stories/Test Story/maps/main/ch01/" StartPos="" />

I tried using an absolute path:

Code:
<Map File="00_test_rainy_hall.map" Folder="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\custom_stories\Test Story\maps\main\ch01\" StartPos="" />

And that didn't work.
Why is it crashing? Post your hpl.log from Documents\Amnesia.
I figured it out...

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide
Quote:In user_settings.cfg, inside the Map element set Folder=”“ to the root folder for your maps (eg Folder=“MyMaps/”), this folder MUST be located inside the maps folder in the game directory (where you put the tools).

I needed to move it into the root maps directory. What's the point of a Folder attribute if it can't point anywhere?
(03-19-2014, 01:23 AM)PatPeter Wrote: [ -> ]I figured it out...

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide
Quote:In user_settings.cfg, inside the Map element set Folder=”“ to the root folder for your maps (eg Folder=“MyMaps/”), this folder MUST be located inside the maps folder in the game directory (where you put the tools).

I needed to move it into the root maps directory. What's the point of a Folder attribute if it can't point anywhere?

You can make it point anywhere you want.
The wiki says it has to be located in the maps directory in the root of Amnesia. I just moved all the maps to a folder called "test" and it worked perfectly. The gatherer I added is spinning around in circles...
In case someone really doesn't want to move their custom_story entities back and forth between the custom_story directory and the maps directory, create a symbolic link:

MKLINK /D "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\maps\brutal" "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\custom_stories\Amnesia The Brutal Descent\maps\main"

And set the Folder to the symlink:

<Map File="\ch01\00_rainy_hall.map" Folder="D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\maps\brutal" StartPos="" />
I think you're missing /custom_stories entry from resources.cfg.
That could explain why it's not finding your maps.

PHP Code:
<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" /> 

Did you check that?