Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It doesn't matter how it started Badcat. Reiterating a problem only drags it onward.

We have full right to criticize. Whether Sten takes the criticism lightly, harshly or dismisses it fully is up to him. We cannot force him to accept it, nor can he be forced to accept our help. It seems that Sten wants to develop independently. That's fine. Some of us are doing the same thing, making stories comprised of little to no support whatsoever, but are at least willing to seek assistance when required. In this situation, maybe help is required, but let's be honest. THIS IS THE INTERNET. Not everybody is who you want them to be. If you want positive criticism Sten, that does not mean you will get it from all of us. We can help, if you're willing to accept it. You can't get through everything in life alone, not even mod development.

Sten, if you need to, take a break from the forum. You don't need to post updates. You don't need to provide screenshots or advertise your wikia. Perhaps not posting will calm other users down a bit. Focus your work into a fully developed and well presented modification which will appeal. If it doesn't appeal to us, it won't. But if you can get your work to perceive interest to your target audience, you'll get there.

Now remember everyone, don't put the blame on just Sten. Most of us who reply on this topic will agree with me that he doesn't take the criticism so he should leave the forum. No. Most of us are to blame too. We're not perceived as, to quote the forum rules, "A good forum member".

If you're going to yell at me, do it through a PM. I don't need to escalate the situation on this thread any further by flooding it with my opinion which I hope to be constructive.
(05-11-2014, 12:21 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: [ -> ]but if Sten doesn't take criticism then don't give him criticism. That's all.
Then how are we supposed to help him?
Not in LBP2.No critism.People are liking my levels and they are not even commenting about it!
They take care only about mechanics,Not mapping!
An Badcat,
I Guess you will be first to beta-test.
But at June 1TH when Super Update III will be done.
I also highly updated SCP-914.
Well,I was getting mad cause of Red.He said that my mod will flop soon because it`s really poori-sh.
And i listen to people with critism.
But not about That my mod will be dead or something.
You should read more carefully, i said there's high possibility for a flop, not that it will flop.
(05-11-2014, 12:47 PM)Red Wrote: [ -> ]You should read more carefully, i said there's high possibility for a flop, not that it will flop.
If it will,I will just stop making mods.
i got 916 views on blog.

Let`s just cut this fight here and get back to topic.
(05-11-2014, 12:56 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2014, 12:47 PM)Red Wrote: [ -> ]You should read more carefully, i said there's high possibility for a flop, not that it will flop.
i got 916 views on blog.

Then make them expect quality work, not disappointment.
We are already trying to help you! Listen to us what we have to say.
(05-11-2014, 01:03 PM)Red Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2014, 12:56 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: [ -> ]
i got 916 views on blog.

Then make them expect quality work, not disappointment.
We are already trying to help you! Listen to us what we have to say.

And i will not listen to your cristism.Never,If it will contain info about that mod will die or something.
Honestly, if you don't want critisism, posting your work online is a bad idea.

Red is not being mean or unreasonable. You have no reason to completely ignore him for what he's done. It's all you that have made up this perception that we are all here to attack you and discourage you. That is false, but if you keep attacking people back, even when they're trying to help you, you will likely get a bad response. People don't like to be accused of something they did not do.
Just one single question to mr. author of this mod. Would you be modding if there were no mankind? No players, no friends, no girls, no one at all. As a result no one would ever like or dislike your mod. Would you be still doing it just for yourself, for your own pleasure? I am asking because it looks like (maybe I am wrong) that you can't do things without an audience. And that is a problem.

P.S. This is no trolling. I am serious.
If mod turns out negatively, does it mean it dies? No.
Flopping means that your mod doesn't live up to its true potential.
Try to make people not disappointed, if you don't listen anyone and release the mod as it is, then the real shitstorms might come in, people might even come troll you here because the content is not to their likings, it's just human nature, some people are more mature and some more immature.
I, we want to prevent that.
Just try to undestand this millionth time.

I don't know how your mod is currently, but my opinions are based on the videos you've posted here.