Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-05-2014, 05:23 AM)Kia Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2014, 04:23 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: [ -> ]ill not change fog.it must be creepy,wierd...dont like it? i can cancel this mod and make it on scp engine.

I.... what? Sorry, but Statyk's right. That bright blue fog isn't doing you any favours. It doesn't even look creepy or weird. Lower the thickness - something like.... this, this, or this would look much better and spooky.

So something like FogEnd="30" FogFalloffExp="0.5" FogStart="0" with an Alpha of 0.65 to 1.00

Just try it out - see what it looks like in game. If you don't like the change, don't keep it; but it's still worth giving a try. Ignoring constructive criticism won't get you anywhere - we're really just trying to help your mod live up to its full potential.

alright then.Ill test it.

nahh...its breaking fog.You will not be able to see Anything.
(04-03-2014, 04:29 PM)Mike1265 Wrote: [ -> ]DO-

Nevermind...

Stop ordering him.
(04-05-2014, 09:22 AM)Lazzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2014, 04:29 PM)Mike1265 Wrote: [ -> ]DO-

Nevermind...

Stop ordering him.

That's why i said nevermind. I am not trying to order him.
TestMap video is being released.

Here u go.

Note ; ITS TESTMAP.NOT THE FINAL.THINK ABOUT COMMENTING.

Many changes will be made.Example ; Deagle instead of Revolver or Machine Gun instead of Deagle/Revolver.You guess.The forest has very small amount of objects.Only paths and tress.In next update,Rocks and more.
The fog seems buggy. It's really thick and that looks fake. Also you can see other parts of the map in the fog. Try encasing the area in some black planes.

Also, the walls' textures are very big. On closeups they look blurry as hell. And they kinda glitch out. Also the lighting is pretty terrible as there's no light source yet it's [i]really[i] bright. Use different pointlights of different intensities and color in some areas with a dark boxlight encasing the whole map.
Hey ! Good luck with your project first of all !

Won't comment on the mapping, as you say it's early early alpha and that's not really your focus for now right ?
Small advice though :
Try adding static black planes (from technical static objects) around the area that is in the fog. That'll make it look better (it will stop the fog acting weirdly and making those blue tracks, you'll see what I mean).

I am curious about the gun feature, quite a lot to be honest. Could you tell me more about how it works ?Do you already have the scripts to make it shoot ?

Sorry if you answered those questions before, that's a bit too many pages to go through >..< Just tell me where to look if you did : 3.
Spoiler below!

(04-05-2014, 09:45 AM)stenclowskimat Wrote: [ -> ]TestMap video is being released.

Here u go.

Note ; ITS TESTMAP.NOT THE FINAL.THINK ABOUT COMMENTING.

Many changes will be made.Example ; Deagle instead of Revolver or Machine Gun instead of Deagle/Revolver.You guess.The forest has very small amount of objects.Only paths and tress.In next update,Rocks and more.

Fucking genius! Level 100 troll master!
I wonder how the gun works, can you please tell me?
(04-05-2014, 12:35 PM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: [ -> ]The fog seems buggy. It's really thick and that looks fake. Also you can see other parts of the map in the fog. Try encasing the area in some black planes.

Also, the walls' textures are very big. On closeups they look blurry as hell. And they kinda glitch out. Also the lighting is pretty terrible as there's no light source yet it's [i]really[i] bright. Use different pointlights of different intensities and color in some areas with a dark boxlight encasing the whole map.
SCPCB had 0 procent of light sources.There will be NO flashlights.Only gun with flashlight for some time,until MTF will realize that u are CLASS-D
(04-05-2014, 12:47 PM)daortir Wrote: [ -> ]Small advice though :
Try adding static black planes (from technical static objects) around the area that is in the fog. That'll make it look better (it will stop the fog acting weirdly and making those blue tracks, you'll see what I mean).

An easier way to do this is to just add a black colored Skybox Smile