Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SCP HAZARDOUS [Beta Testing At June 1TH!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure I recognized some sounds from other games, like the roar as you went outside being from Skyrim. I suggest you don't use that, cause I'm 99% sure Bethesta wouldn't want that.
Huh? Its SCP-682 roar from SCP CB.
And yea,footsteps etc are SCP CB-ish.
While I can say that you're creativity and stride are doing quite well in bringing things into the mod, I would just like to say that both your mapping and in a way, flow still need work.

Your textures look unusual in terms of being out of place, sometimes stretched abnormally. Some walls as well are out of place, so I can still see the Skybox when I'm probably not supposed to.

When I say flow, that teleporting thing, well, you could at least make a teleporter, or fade the screen out then reappear at the new spot for example.

Also, if you are using a purely white boxlight or global, I suggest dimming it down.

Otherwise, seems to be coming along well. Looking forward not necessarily to the weapons themselves, but the way you implement them in game.
(04-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure I recognized some sounds from other games, like the roar as you went outside being from Skyrim. I suggest you don't use that, cause I'm 99% sure Bethesta wouldn't want that.
It's a royalty free sound effect, they don't own it.

On a side note, so far it just seems like this is CB in Amnesia at a lower quality. Why not try some other SCPs that aren't implemented in some way already to the original game? There's plenty that'd work well.
(04-12-2014, 07:06 AM)Potato Wrote: [ -> ]
It's a royalty free sound effect, they don't own it.

On a side note, so far it just seems like this is CB in Amnesia at a lower quality. Why not try some other SCPs that aren't implemented in some way already to the original game? There's plenty that'd work well.
Nope.My Modeling skills

Maya:

Modeling : 5%.Only creating models from cubes And other.Nothing else.
Animating : Totally No!
Rigging : Heeelll No!

Amnesia :

Scripting : 98% - Works pretty well.

I have one question.HOW TO do animations for monsters? I can see fully animated monsters in .dae free to download.But they dont have ANY .dae animations.What? How im gonna make that? I can just make Non Animated Monster but...How?
Well first you have to rig your monsters and skin them. Then you make animations yourself. BUT, if you don't want or can't make your own animations you can make the rig EXACTLY the same as the grunt has and NAME every joint the same as grunt's joints are named TOO. Then you can use the grunt's animations for your monsters and it will work.
(04-12-2014, 08:28 AM)Juras Wrote: [ -> ]Well first you have to rig your monsters and skin them. Then you make animations yourself. BUT, if you don't want or can't make your own animations you can make the rig EXACTLY the same as the grunt has and NAME every joint the same as grunt's joints are named TOO. Then you can use the grunt's animations for your monsters and it will work.
Hmm...Sounds interesting...But how im gonna animate something like that!?

[Image: 6823.bmp]
Yeah, for that you would need to make your own rig since it's not humanoid. I don't know how this thing moves so I can't really tell how the bones should be placed so it's up to you to do that and to make animations.

Oh so it's supposed to be a lizard? Well since your model is made out of cubes it's gonna pretty much impossible to animate it cause there aren't even enough vertices to move and the mesh is just just too simple and made in a bad way...You need a much better mesh with alot more polygons to be able to animate it. My advice would be to not care about animating and rigging now and just to practice and learn 3D modeling and texturing to be able to make a descent model. There's plenty of tutorials on youtube. Once you have a good foundation and are able to make better models you can move on to rigging and animating. Good luck!
(04-12-2014, 09:17 AM)Juras Wrote: [ -> ]Oh so it's supposed to be a lizard? Well since your model is made out of cubes it's gonna pretty much impossible to animate it cause there aren't even enough vertices to move and the mesh is just just too simple and made in a bad way...You need a much better mesh with alot more polygons to be able to animate it. My advice would be to not care about animating and rigging now and just to practice and learn 3D modeling and texturing to be able to make a descent model. There's plenty of tutorials on youtube. Once you have a good foundation and are able to make better models you can move on to rigging and animating. Good luck!
Yep,That suposed to be an lizard.
Lots of polygons?You mean gigantic amount of cubes or something?

i have an error.Everytime i make my model in maya and import its .dae mesh,it dismantles itself in model editor and i need to assemble it again in model editor...