Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia script help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-22-2014, 12:39 AM)valetheimpaler Wrote: [ -> ]is the wall static? I understand that you cant regularily activate/deactivate static objects
use model editor, and convert a copy of it to an entity
then replace the version in-game with the .ent for the modded wall
hope this helps

Okay i found the error it was just a simple matter of misspelling now the wall works fine. I could use some help with a script to remove the wall thou. That would be helpful! And thanks for your help!
Remove the wall? What about SetEntityActive with false?
(03-22-2014, 02:45 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the wall? What about SetEntityActive with false?

Oh yes of course! Sry im new to this and thanks so much!Big Grin

(03-22-2014, 02:45 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the wall? What about SetEntityActive with false?

I did as you said but it dosen't work. The wall spawn but never goes away.
This is the script:
////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "Awesome_key", "Awesome_door", "ABC", true);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "PlayerCollide", "MonsterFunction", true, 1);
AddUseItemCallback("", "secret_key", "secret_door", "SECRET", true);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "servant_grunt_1", "MonsterAway", true, 1);
}

void ABC(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked( "Awesome_door", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "Awesome_door", 0, false);
RemoveItem("Awesome_key");
}

void SECRET(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked( "secret_door", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "secret_door", 0, false);
RemoveItem("secret_key");
}

void MonsterFunction(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
SetEntityActive("popup_wall_1", true);
}

void MonsterAway(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("popup_wall_1", false);
}
I don't think you can use the collision event with the player and the monster, because since it is a poofer, it disappears just before it collides with you. The event is never called.
(03-22-2014, 07:02 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can use the collision event with the player and the monster, because since it is a poofer, it disappears just before it collides with you. The event is never called.

Ok i fixed it now but i have one more question that i didnt find an answer on your youtube channel.

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "PlayerCollide", "MonsterFunction", true, 1); <---- what does the (1) mean at the end of this sentence?
Inb4 Mudbill :3

The 1 indicates a state of collision, it can be 1, 0 or -1.

1 - Upon colliding with the object
0 - Both
-1 - Upon leaving the object you collided with
That number can be either 1, 0 or -1. 1 = Event is executed as you enter the area, -1 = Executed as you leave the area, 0 = both. 0 does the same as 1 if the boolean before is set to true. If false, the event happens twice as you walk through the area.

Edit: Ninja'd. Hue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4