Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Sleep schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every night, I have scheduled entertainment time from 9 pm - 1 AM. This is because I have a lot of work to get done during the day and thus my scheduled entertainment time is like my motivation for getting through all of it.

Lately, however, I've been experiencing this strange sleeping problem. About midway through my scheduled entertainment, I will become really, really sleepy, and at the very end (at 1 AM) I become wide awake. However, I don't actually go to sleep before 1, even if I'm really tired, because if I don't complete those 4 hours of entertainment I will feel as if I haven't reaped the rewards of my daytime work. I'm also sort of OCD so I like sticking to schedule.

Any thoughts and / or tips?
Go to bed when you're tired...
Seriously, that's the only deal! Do whatever you feel right.

I'm having the problem that I go to bed too late... which is about 00:00. I'm really tired when i get up, but when I'm having my "Entertainment time", I'm not sleepy at all, and I keep telling myself "It's gonna be ok... I'm not gonna be sleepy". Yes, I'm kinda raping my own schedule Wink

Why telling this? Because, I find that the solution is I need to go to sleep earlier.
If you're having the same problem, being tired in the morning, do the same! If you don't, you're not having a problem, and therefore there's no need to change anything.
less games more sleeping
Blue shade of display color will keep u awake, says the research.
So play or watch, what ever you do, without blue colors. Problem solved.
the key is flexibility, sleep whenever you feel like crashing, as long as you get 5+ hrs, so you can cry work for the rest of the day
^nope

my ocd forces me to abide by schedule
(04-02-2014, 06:43 PM)Red Wrote: [ -> ]Blue shade of display color will keep u awake, says the research.
So play or watch, what ever you do, without blue colors. Problem solved.

Then I guess this forum isn't an ideal visit if you're tired and want to sleep haha
(04-03-2014, 06:29 PM)Froge Wrote: [ -> ]^nope

my ocd forces me to abide by schedule

Well, then there's not very much we can do, so I don't understand why you asked...
(04-03-2014, 07:24 PM)Tiger Wrote: [ -> ]Well, then there's not very much we can do, so I don't understand why you asked...

yes, RIP froge
When someone mentions OCD and names that as a reason on why they can't change then there really isn't much else to say other than deal with it.

Sadly in this day in age, there is not much to fight OCD... Although I bet that smoking weed would certainly have a positive effect. So I suggest trying that.
Pages: 1 2