Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Comparing this to SOMA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't been keeping up to date with SOMA as much as I did with AAMFP (I do it closer to the release date), but I saw this advertised on my Facebook News Feed.

Dunno if there are a lot of similarities or I am just being a bit over the top, just thought it would be something to look at:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/caffeine--2
It's actually quite similar. Although SOMA takes place underwater. And the idea is quite seperate,
But they're still Sci-Fi horror. It's possible Caffeine is inspired by SOMA.
Seems more like "Routine". Sci-Fi Horror FPS games like FEAR and Doom (which are cited as inspirations) aren't actually that rare.
well in soma the environments actually look interesting and they dont end trailers by trying to make u go deaf + shitty edm
(04-07-2014, 04:05 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: [ -> ]Although SOMA takes place underwater.

We don't know that for sure. Yes, I saw the latest trailer.
After watching the trailer I just felt so down, because was expecting bit more quality stuff though!
Felt more like a tech demo than a trailer to me.
(04-07-2014, 10:39 AM)Tiger Wrote: [ -> ]We don't know that for sure. Yes, I saw the latest trailer.

We do know that for sure. It was established in an interview.
(04-07-2014, 08:22 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2014, 10:39 AM)Tiger Wrote: [ -> ]We don't know that for sure. Yes, I saw the latest trailer.

We do know that for sure. It was established in an interview.

oh, ok.
Its more similar to Alien - Isolation than SOMA.
Dosen't really have any similarities to Routine except that its Sci-Fi horror based and that they're both set on Stations/Outposts.
Pages: 1 2