Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Broken map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was working on a map.It was saved but while I was working on the map a power outage came.Since that I can't open the map.
I mean when I open it, the editor opens a full blank map.The script (hps) file is still there, the map's weight is still the same as before the power outage (1 mb).

Any ideas how can I fix it?

P.S:The game cannot open it either.
Probably the map corrupted, that same thing happened to me I even made a thread about it http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24397.html and if the weight of the map still shows and the hps file and everything still works and the map just comes blank in the level editor just like what happened to me, then that means it's corrupted! you can't use that map anymore, it has been deleted, so unfortunately you have to make a new one now Sad You should always keep a backup file of your maps, that's what I do
Try opening the .map file in a text editor (notepad or geany) check if there's anything salvageable before you scrap it though c: The same thing happened to me with one of my maps (laptop was dying, so I decided to save the map and it shut off in the middle of saving :c) and the file saved all the static objects, but didn't make it to saving the entities - so at least part of it was restoreable :D
(04-14-2014, 06:37 PM)Kia Wrote: [ -> ]Try opening the .map file in a text editor (notepad or geany) check if there's anything salvageable before you scrap it though c: The same thing happened to me with one of my maps (laptop was dying, so I decided to save the map and it shut off in the middle of saving :c) and the file saved all the static objects, but didn't make it to saving the entities - so at least part of it was restoreable Big Grin

I think that's not normal if I open the map with Notapad++ and the entire text file is "null"...
Darn, so I guess none of it's recoverable that way :c I'm sorry (it shouldn't have "null" anywhere - so it's probably all corrupted).
(04-14-2014, 06:37 PM)Kia Wrote: [ -> ]Try opening the .map file in a text editor (notepad or geany) check if there's anything salvageable before you scrap it though c: The same thing happened to me with one of my maps (laptop was dying, so I decided to save the map and it shut off in the middle of saving :c) and the file saved all the static objects, but didn't make it to saving the entities - so at least part of it was restoreable Big Grin
woo, so unlucky.

If any of you want, I can try to save it. I crash mines all the time.
Skype me: AmnLemoore@gmail.com