Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra: Overture serial number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community,

I am from Germany and need help with the German version of Penumbra: Overture (the German name is "Penumbra: Im Halbschatten"). I installed the game and played it as far as I could. When I got stuck in one level, I installed the latest patch (1.3) I could find which worked successfully. But when I tried to start the game after the installation of the patch, a message appeared which told me to enter a serial number. But I do not have a serial number. Neither on the CD, nor in the manual.

I don't know what to do an would be very pleased if you could help me.

Thank you!

Greetings from Germany
The CD key (serial number)...? Check on your manual, it is on the back of it in most games. However I don't remember Overture needing a CD at all (at least it didn't need last time I played it through a week ago), so that is pretty strange.
Yeah, that's true. Overture won't need a CD at all.

But are you sure that you installed the right patch? I mean, if you accidently installed Black Plague's patch or something..?
Be sure to download the patch from support.frictionalgames.com
i went to play my penumbra series again and i do not have the serial number for black plauge or requim, is there anything i can do about this or do i just need to buy the game again?
It would be much apreciated if you could help me,
Thank you!

Uninstall, Re-install and apply the correct patch.
Usually works.
If this helps any one if you bought the game via steam - it should give you you're key but for me it gave me a key but the game never prompted me for it :/