Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abandoned Town (Community Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
I'm so glad this has continued. I have been away from Amnesia modding for some time now, but I wish to get back into it. I still have the final map of the original many hands also Smile
(04-21-2014, 03:26 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm guessing, Red, that you'd like to have this map implemented in the ManyHands map.

Well the rules are that you have to build it in 8 hours, from when you're "taking" the map. You're gonna have to talk to Kiandra about that.

I like the idea though.

It got me thinking.

ManyHands03: A town... Everyone create their own house. Both inside and outside of it.
This means that we don't have to build on the same map. Everyone could each have their map with their house (Or room).

And then a park in the middle as a "Main" map.
Brilliant! You can read my mind! I was thinking the exact same thing.
This map would have been in some old corner with no use, if something like this didn't happen. There was no need for it.
I made a promise, whispered to it's ear, that there will be day the map will serve a purpose in something some day.
It's, at least in my opinion, unique invidual, among my creations.

Before we do anything, I'll wait how Kia reacts to this.

(04-21-2014, 03:25 PM)artsyracoon Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Thank you! But now i i'll let it to other hands, it might get even more lovely.
<3.

You're welcome! x3
After I'm done with my submissions with Many Hands I'll start working on that outdoor area. Your pic inspired me even more tbh.

I'll take your request, but this thing is still stading a little.
We'll see what direction it takes. Direction which Kia decides.
(04-21-2014, 03:25 PM)artsyracoon Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Thank you! But now i i'll let it to other hands, it might get even more lovely.
<3.

You're welcome! x3
After I'm done with my submissions with Many Hands I'll start working on that outdoor area. Your pic inspired me even more tbh.

You uh... You didn't post your updated version. Please do that. Big Grin
I'm not done yet.
Spoiler below!
Trying to make this candle a grabable item but it doesn't seem to work. I do have it set as Object; Grab; in the Model Editor too. :c
Little reminder, edited models are custom content ;)

You can also script enemies so they go "poof" as soon as they're not inside your area (monster-b-gone areas at each of the doors :p). If you're building off of the area I think you are, then it's totally okay if the monster runs in to my map, but it could cause some problems if he fell down the hole in the middle of the floor :s

And to answer your question about grabbable candles:
- make sure you save it as a new entity before editing things
- change the entity type; it's probably "static" right now

Also, Red, the outdoor area looks amazing :o

Oh and just because I started this doesn't mean I run the whole show guys xD if you want to try something like that, go for it :D
Noo, What will happen if there's only 1 tiny-miny bit of cc? Won't break the game :p shouldn't be able to do so (I think).

Screw that. I'll make a more simplified puzzle. Can't and just can't with this candle. It just won't work. OAO
(04-21-2014, 04:09 PM)artsyracoon Wrote: [ -> ]Noo, What will happen if there's only 1 tiny-miny bit of cc? Won't break the game :p shouldn't be able to do so (I think).

Unless all of us agree on it, then it says in the rules that no custom content can be used. Therefore no custom content can be used Wink It's a matter of principle.

If you have one, then there might be another one who has one, and so one... In the end it becomes a lot...

(04-21-2014, 04:05 PM)Kia Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and just because I started this doesn't mean I run the whole show guys xD if you want to try something like that, go for it Big Grin

Of course not, but it feels like you're in charge of the rules Wink

Red, I guess we have to create another project, if we are to use the idea!
The cc thing is so other people can still load the map and have it run as intended (without making file size huge by including cc in the download) - if having the cc missing is going to create holes in walls/floors or make puzzles unsolveable, then it's best not to include it c:

Also I really like the town idea >.>
Quote:Unless all of us agree on it, then it says in the rules that no custom content can be used. Therefore no custom content can be used Wink It's a matter of principle.

If you have one, then there might be another one who has one, and so one... In the end it becomes a lot...

Quote:The cc thing is so other people can still load the map and have it run as intended (without making file size huge by including cc in the download) - if having the cc missing is going to create holes in walls/floors or make puzzles unsolvable, then it's best not to include it c:

Fair enough. Good point.
I'll tell my thoughts on this later, i have a little problem called: two brothers one computer. It's his turn now since i've been warmed the chair for him maybe too long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42