Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abandoned Town (Community Project)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
This is what happened to the original Many Hands, the map just got so big and so detailed that the program itself started lagging.

I think the way around this would be to make it so people are set to a specific size area, so they have enough to be able to be creative with it.
Actually, we did allocate a size limit (500KBs) but did not allocate space in the map.
Hey, if this map is done, it's done. We can't make everyone happy by decreasing the fun for others.

Instead we can expand it by making another map.
But this one is probably finished.

Kia, was there something about you using this map?

Also Hardarm needs to finish his part...
If nobody takes the map on my Friday, I'll take it and try to add a cave or something, seeing as what we all have right now is building interior (except Flawless' nice area) Smile
(04-23-2014, 03:06 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]If nobody takes the map on my Friday, I'll take it and try to add a cave or something, seeing as what we all have right now is building interior (except Flawless' nice area) Smile

Thanks ^^
I've always had that cave in mind... never built it.

And I figured the mansionbase-to-cave was quite useful
Clip planes will solve all your lag problems Wink

But yeah 2MB is getting a little bloated, so we should start wrapping this up c:
The next map-parts should not have any parts that you can continue on then.
Stuff it, I'll take a look at it now. Got a few hours before I have to go somewhere.

I'll try my best to keep my area either circular, or has no cut off or something.

I AM TAKING THE MAP!

I HAVE RETURNED THE MAP!

Done minimal, but I gotta get some sleep. Gotta get up at ~2:45am to show my dedication and gratefulness to my country at dawn (ANZAC Day, google it if you don't know about it. It's a pretty big thing here).

That means that Hardarm and I still have to finish the map. Everything looks good so far. While I can't say my mapping was the best (because it, most definitely, is not better than anyones here), I am glad I have participated to compare my skills to others.
Bump because the map is free, and people need to know about this so they can make some awesome stuff because people are awesome and they make good stuff, and stuff...

Do it people. Built your map.
I don't care about how it looks, I wanna see your own touch in this!
Yes, grab the map, do it! Even if you think your part would look bad or not be as cool as everyone else's, doesn't matter :D as I said on the first page:
Some wise young lady Wrote:All you have to be able to do is make a room with 4 walls, a floor, and a door. Everything else is bonus.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42